Cars, Snow Traction, Reliability, Etc.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Ditch, Nov 17, 2003.

1. Ditch

Ditch

Every high powered rear wheel drive is a POS on snow, BMW's are no exception to that. I've owned BMW's for more than 15 years, but have moved over to Audi. My last BMW spend 3 months a year in the repair shop, the service was a complete joke. All that electronic gear, they're stuffed with nowadays is problem prone. Mercedes is also having major problems with reliability. In Germany they are not even in the top 5 of the ADAC-listing on that subject. If you the best in performance, give the Audi A8 a test drive. No BMW or Mercedes comes close to it's synthesis of road holding and driving comfort.

2. MRWSM

MRWSM

That's funny because I went from Audi to BMW after being disgusted by Audi's. Needed a tow truck to get the Audi out of my garage every other week, went through a motor, transmission and many electronic and suspension parts in 62,000 miles. The most problem free cars I've had are GM's.

:)

3. Most trouble-free cars I've owned were all by Lexus. Lexus Cars & SUVs are rock solid and the service is awesome. :cool:

-Fast

4. Ditch

Ditch

I think a lot depends on the dealer. I don't like the way Japanese cars look and drive, otherwise the choice wouldn't be to hard.

5. taodr

taodr

What year was the Audi you owned. The older ones were crap but apparently Audi has reinvented itself. I appreciate them but know too many who have problems with them. I have experience driving in blizzards and ice for years and every car should have snow tires on all four wheels. Snow tires are ineffective if are too wide, need to be much narrower than stock wheel on BMW or the like. Have among others front wheel drive Saab Aero but I prefer our volvos even in snow. That is older rear wheel drive Volvos. Too bad Volvo is making parts in China and much plastics. Another good car will bite the dust.

6. taodr, I believe you're in the UK...do you ever watch Top Gear? They tried to jump a Volvo over a few motor homes in one of the recent episodes...some funny stuff :D

-Fast

7. taodr

taodr

Fast , I'm in the great white north. Mind you I don't appreciate cold and snow but as john lennon said "life....

8. MRWSM

MRWSM

1995:(

9. why anyone in their right mind buy a 90 thousand dollar Beamer?? You'd have to be brain dead. They aint worth it. Basically a POS. :eek: Just ask nitro... his WIFE now owns one [the 30K model] :p

#10     Nov 17, 2003