Cars Direct.com

Discussion in 'Politics' started by onewaypockets, Apr 27, 2004.

1. theres the problem - ferrari plus wife doesnt add up.

as dave chappelle said - we are hunter/gathers and the porsche is the bait.

girl 'nice porsche'
    dave 'got ya biatch'

#11     Apr 27, 2004
  2. I see a lot of dealers advertising all kinds of discounts on SUV's. I think the high gas prices may be cutting into sales a bit. I would look up the invoice price for what you want on www.edmunds.com, then call a half dozen dealers in your area, ask to speak to a sales manager, tell him you've got a price from another dealer and would he like to try to beat it. You should be able to get a big SUV for dealer invoice now.

If they try to sell you add-ons, just say no and if they persist, get up and leave. It's very much a buyers' market now and you would be surprised what you can dictate to them.

#12     Apr 27, 2004
  3. Oh, I have done that quite a few times in the new cars I have bought. From the time you walk onto the lot, look around, talk a bit, get serious and get passed along to about three different people, and end up with the guy in the back room takes anywhere between 3 and 5 hours before I get the deal I want. In the meantime I usually say "no" about 40 times.

Just wondered if CarsDirect might be a better idea. You research everything and read on the net, check the boxes of the crap you want on the car, and go from there.

Just wondered..... :)

p.s. Just checked www.edmonds.com on one of the vehicles I was considering. It is the 2004 Mountaineer (don't laugh,my wife likes it...and the vehicle is just a mule that takes the abuse of Los Angeles freeways). CarsDirect has a special on it, with leather, alloys, adjustable pedals, and running boards (she's very short) they quote $24,773. http://www.carsdirect.com/build/options?zipcode=93063&acode=USB40MES011A0&restore=false

Edmunds states for this vehicle "what others are paying" is between $26,995 and $29,474 and invites me to have dealers give me their price. No mention of the leather special Mercury is running. I would wager the dealer prices would fall into the Edmunds range, more than $2,000 more than CarsDirect.

#13     Apr 28, 2004