Carrie Prejean loses title

Discussion in 'Politics' started by FanOfFridays, Jun 10, 2009.

1. First off, I strongly suggest that you learn how to spell the President's name. It might give your posts more credibility.

Does Barack Obama say that coke use is recommended? Does he encourage young people to use coke?

If Carrie Prejean had come out and said

"Homosexuality is against Christian values and it's immoral, just like it's against Christian values and immoral to mutilate yourself in order to make yourself more sexually attractive to men and just like it's against Christian values and immoral to pose in front of a camera nude in order to give men something to masturbate over"

I would be 100% behind her. Once again, if someone wants to try to tell me that posing for Hustler and self-mutilation is okay among Christian-informed homophobes, please go ahead.

In fact, when she first came out with this statement, I was behind her and I was against those who were vilifying her. I admired her willingness to stick to her values, as wrongheaded as they are. It was only after I found out that she is a hypocrite that I changed my view.

#11     Jun 10, 2009
  2. Really, whats it say on his birth certificate? Thats right, no one has seen it.

#12     Jun 10, 2009

3. SHE WAS ASKED FOR HER OPINION.

Breast implants fall under the medical discipline called,"cosmetic surgery" Look it up.

Where are these "nude photos"? The ones I saw covered all the "strategic areas", so this is normal for a model.

Let me state this for clarity: She did NOT go out and start a church, so the preacher correlation is spurious, but most importantly, SHE WAS ASKED FOR HER OPINION. And she stated that FOR HER, this was her position. She made it clear that SHE WAS NOT PROJECTING HER PERSONAL VIEWS UPON ANYONE ELSE, SHE WAS ANSWERING A QUESTION.

#13     Jun 10, 2009
  4. Are you kidding? Try a Google search. It's all over the news.
    Caps are not really necessary. Bold is a more accepted internet protocol for indicating emphasis.

Exactly. She was simply stating her opinion. And what's the quality of her opinion? How much weight does her opinion carry?

The answer is - her opinion is worth shit, because she hypocritically acted in a manner which is diametrically opposite to the way in which she could be expected to act if she was actually guided by the Christian values she claims to exemplify.

She said 'In my opinion, we should use Christian values as our guide to behaviour' while at the same time abandoning those values as a guide in her own life.

Once again, if she had said

'Look at me. I am an example of what happens when you lose sight of your Christian values. I should never have mutilated myself in this way, and my message to young girls in America is that you should absolutely not get breast implants. I should have listened to my Christian sensibility, which tells me that this is wrong, and that it is wrong to expose my body to the public so that men I don't know can masturbate - something which you will all find out that I did. That Christian sensibility also tells me that marriage is between a man and a woman'.

then all would be well. She'd still be a religious nutcase, but at least she wouldn't be a raging hypocrite.

#14     Jun 10, 2009
  5. Jeez, get off the friggin' drugs.

Personally I won't date women with fake breasts either but I'd hardly call implants mutilation. Beats being covered in tats. Nor do I consider making yourself sexually attractive sinful. Women are here to breed not to lie about approving torture techniques or embellish the danger of trips to Bosnia.

Nor are her pics particularly scandalous. Ooh a NIPPLE !! Don't tell Taliban Nik. Taking it in the ass=moral, nip shot=SIN CITY!!!

Prejean is studying to be a special-ed teacher and has volunteered virtually full time for various children organizations the past three years. Yea, she's a real ogre.

#15     Jun 10, 2009
  6. I was just about to question the moral relativity behind her being thrown under the bus like that. I really hate that Trump went all PC like that.

Homosexuality as opposed to a nip shot. The way Nik was going I was looking for full frontal.

Hardly Hustler in my opinion:)

#16     Jun 10, 2009
  7. For the cognitively challenged among us, I'll lay it out one more time.

It doesn't matter what you or I would call mutilation, although if you don't think telling a 13-year old child it's okay for her to get breast implants in order to make herself more sexually attractive to men is repugnant, you're a fucking idiot. Who do you think is watching that show? 1 out of 4 13-year old girls in the country, that's who. I sure as hell wasn't watching it. Were you?

The point is the hypocritical contradiction involved in telling people on one hand that homosexuality is somehow 'immoral' and on the other hand telling kids that it's okay to ruin your body and potentially endanger your health by having surgical procedures for the sole purpose of making yourself match up to a media-defined conception of what's 'ideal', something which occurs naturally in a vanishingly small percentage of female bodies.

Or do you think that 100% of breast implants are complication free?

I'd ask you if you would tell your own child it's okay to have implants but I'm afraid of the answer.

It's a hypocritical contradiction to tell young people that homosexuality is immoral while at the same time spreading your legs for money.

This is not about what I think. It's about the hypocrisy of these religiously informed nutbags who claim the moral high ground and then are found wallowing in the mud along with all the rest of us.

Anyhow, I should have know that this simple concept would escape the cognitively challenged extreme right lunatics on these boards.

The right is always complaining about the left's tendency to suggest that extreme right wing lunatics are essentially not intelligent enough to understand the problems inherent in their arguments. Sometimes it's easy to believe the left has a point.

#17     Jun 10, 2009
  8. Banjo

Banjo

9. Well, she can fuck me anytime she wants too.

Probably would be the best 5 mins of my life.

John

#19     Jun 10, 2009
  10. Dude, you wonder why ultra-right wing zealots like Gann, lol, are giving you shite but listen to your unsubstantiated argument and you'll understand.

Spreading your legs for money? Do you know who Prejean has or hasn't slept with?

So now anyone who models or acts or even dances is a whore?

And if you could provide a link of Prejean "telling" 13 year old girls to elect augmentation, I'd consider it as support for your argument.

Given that Prejean isn't some anti-homo crusader but merely someone who like the MAJORITY of California voters supported Prop 8 and answered a question-then your portrayal of her as an activist seems pretty far-fetched.

#20     Jun 10, 2009