Carney calls for crackdown on cryptocurrency "mania" ...

Discussion in 'Crypto Assets' started by Xela, Mar 2, 2018.

1. Because Paypal is a corporation, centralised and auditable by a national government plus they deal in FIAT currencies primarily (they happen to have started allowing Bitcoin but that is tangential).

If a country demands their records for the prosecution of a criminal case, they must give them. There is nobody to sanction with most cryptos.

The early use of Bitcoin was 95% Russian and other oligarchs using it for money laundering. That and dictators etc. It was funding terrorism and illegal trade very very directly.

That it (the blood) is diluted now.. hardly matters to me.

#11     Mar 2, 2018
    Xela likes this.
  2. carrer

carrer

The governments and bankers have created propagandas in such a way that makes crypto currencies look bad, used only by criminals.

They should not regulated cryptos and should let the market decide. It should be a free market. They wanted to regulate them probably because they felt that crypto might threaten fiat currencies. More and more people will use crypto instead of fiat.

Also tax evasion. Governments are concerned about this. I personally think that everyone should pay their fair share of taxes.

#12     Mar 2, 2018
    lovethetrade and johnarb like this.
  3. Xela

Xela

I no longer understand this thread at all. How on Earth did I end up having my own "ability to relate to the market environment" examined, here, simply by having posted a link to something the Governor of the Bank of England said about cryptocurrencies?! [​IMG]

I'm not trading any "pairs", Peter (unless you count the pairs of shoes I sometimes buy as "trading" ... but probably not, really, because I don't sell them, so I'd say that's more of a "buy and hold", really?). I'm not an independent trader: I'm employed by a hedge fund to trade futures.

Anyway, with no offense intended to anyone, I think I'll unsubscribe from the thread ... so "ciao for now". [​IMG]

#13     Mar 2, 2018
  4. Daal

Daal

dude you said bitcoin would fall to a national crypto, and then you listed reasons why paypal has disvantanges that the same national crypto would have

#14     Mar 2, 2018
  5. Dude, your English very is poor to you miss-read what I wrote completely I am afraid.

I said nothing like "bitcoin would fall to a national crypto,"

I'm not a mind reader. Write clearly, write in Portuguese and I can try and understand it but my best advice is to slow down as you are misinterpreting what people write?

Xela is not a native speaker I recall however she has put enormous work into becoming an excellent communicator. Far better than most here :)

#15     Mar 2, 2018
  6. zdreg

zdreg

is that a fat finger error or poor education?

#16     Mar 2, 2018
  7. zdreg

zdreg

15 posts and you are presenting yourself as being able to question someone's expertise. it is a non-starter.
    start by reading her last 100 posts before pontificating on a subject where you are lacking

Last edited: Mar 2, 2018
    #17     Mar 2, 2018
    Handle123 likes this.
  8. SunTrader

SunTrader

Ya got that right. Everyone, especially governments, act in their own interest.

I question anyone who is against anonymity if the person is not hurting anyone else (BTW I don't do drugs, not even Advil). "What do you have to hide" Why do you need to know? Especially the gubmint.

#18     Mar 2, 2018
    johnarb likes this.
  9. johnarb

johnarb

Bitcoin was started without any approvals from any government. It's an open-source and decentralized project. If Europe wants to ban it or put regulations on it so be it. China has already made a lot of restrictions around bitcoin. Japan has done the opposite.

In the US, there are many indications that bitcoin is not going to get banned. Why else would CME, CBOE, NASDAQ invest a lot of time and money to be able to trade futures if it's going to get banned? Why would a company (Circle) that is backed by Government Sachs purchase one of the biggest cryptocurrencies exchange?

Check out how GS seems to be "well informed" with regulators and has a direct communication with them, smh

#19     Mar 2, 2018
  10. I do not lack in any expertise where trading is of concern - I merely asked a question as to discover further to my opinion of the writer if she herself did any market trading at this time - Simply put - That I have read many posts provide through the author Miss Mae as well my nature of inquiry related only as interest - I regard if this has offended you or that A Question should prove to be seen as rude - Only applied by inquiry - Again if the case be Than I will not lay part on such Intelligent Human Beings taking offence at merely a simple question. Is that alright with yer Bud.

#20     Mar 2, 2018