Carney calls for crackdown on cryptocurrency "mania" ...

Discussion in 'Crypto Assets' started by Xela, Mar 2, 2018.

1. Xela

Xela

lovethetrade likes this.
  2. Wow thats a alot of written work. Even tried a little trading work.?

3. Xela

Xela

Sorry, please excuse me but I don't really understand your post at all.

What is "a lot of written work"?

I trade full-time, but (like much of the industry) not so much, overall, on Friday afternoons. I hope that's ok with you?! ;)

Slartibartfast likes this.
  4. What Pairs are you currently trading just as of interest I know that you wright quite alot of stuff - I seen your post and you seem to know what you are talking about - Although I am at consideration as to weather this is all a book thing talking or that you in fact can relate to the The Market Environment.

5. I had a long ponder regarding why I never got into crypos back in 2013 when a Russian guy (gifted though always stoned) in Mexico asked me to help him build a mining company.

Simple thing is, I felt that Bitcoin was facilitating bad guys 95%, it was tainted with the blood of innocent people. You can make that argument about a lot of currency, however it was a little too in my face with the Russian.

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-43239781 (March 1)

Bill Gates says crypto-currencies cause deaths
    "Asked by one user for his opinion on the technology, Mr Gates replied: "The main feature of crypto-currencies is their anonymity. I don't think this is a good thing. The government's ability to find money laundering and tax evasion and terrorist funding is a good thing.

"Right now, crypto-currencies are used for buying fentanyl and other drugs so it is a rare technology that has caused deaths in a fairly direct way. I think the speculative wave around ICOs [initial coin offerings] and crypto-currencies is super risky for those who go long.""

Chubbly and Xela like this.
  6. Daal

Daal

Bitcoin transactions can be sent through skype emoticons, telephone, radio or even smoke signals. It will not be stopped because it can't be stopped

johnarb and SunTrader like this.
  7. Cuddles

Cuddles

It's a stupid bot/troll

tommcginnis likes this.
  8. Ok not to reply.

tommcginnis likes this.
  9. It can easily be stopped as a functioning currency by governments. Part of the issue right now is officials in those countries have crypto wallets so self-interest makes them slow to act (but I'm cynical).

It is coming. I would expect that in this year the larger players will push to get the small guys out, bring Bitcoin down to maybe 3-4k before letting it run again. Same with others. They will milk the retail investors like this many times, on one of these lows is the chance for the EU or other to act.

10. Daal

Daal

how would that be different from what paypal already offers?

#10     Mar 2, 2018