Carlin group's offices in NYC

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by zendo, Jul 9, 2003.

1. zendo

zendo

I am interested in trading futures at a prop shop in NYC. However at this time would like to start as a retail customer trading a small 10k account.

I was wondering if anyone has information about the Carlin group? I believe their prop side is called Generic trading. They have several offices here in NYC, most of them are independently owned. For me its hard to tell one office from another. ET unfortunately doesn't have a brokers rating on Carlin.

Other than Carlin, Echo was my other choice. Any Echo traders here?

I would appreciate any information that you can provide. Thanks

2. so, Zendo,

what did you eventually do?

3. zendo

zendo

Looked into Echo, was told they don't accept retail futures clients...

In a big city like New York, I am not able to find very many shops that offer futures trading from an office for retail customers.

Anyone know of any in the city?

Thanks

4. I think Redwood Trading has one and they offer futures.

5. Echo NYC is supposed to be one of the best offices in town.

how did you find them? (receptance, that is)

6. All,

Unfortunately we do not have a current location in New York, but we are always looking for groups of traders who want to run their own shop.....

We have talked to other people in the past but have purposely chosen not to go to NYC in the past ...but we are always looking for opportunities that make sense.

Currently the offices we have open are: San Francisco, Las Vegas, Ft. Lauderdale and Aliso Viejo, CA. If anyone has any questions feel free to call me or send me a PM.

rttrader -

7. ...and yes.... we do offer futures, FOREX, Eurex, Liffe, options etc...

rttrader -

8. zendo

zendo

Actually I never made it to Echo's NYC office. I called their main toll free national number, was told they don't accept retail futures customers. Someone was suppose to call me back from their nyc office, still waiting to hear from them, been a few days...

I guess I can find their local office number and pay them a visit. I heard it is a nice office with flat screen monitors etc, the staff is suppose to be good.

Will let you know.

Any traders here at ET who trade with Carlin? Is there a way to get a list of their offices in NYC without going through their main office. They are suppose to have 6-7 offices who clear with them.