Carlin Group

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by slumpey, Aug 19, 2002.

1. MrDinky

MrDinky

Which site are you referring to? I go to the Carlin Group site and all I see are men.

:cool:

#11     Aug 20, 2002
  2. slumpey

slumpey

are they a prop firm in nyc. do you have to put up capital to trade for them.

#12     Aug 20, 2002
  3. slumpey

slumpey

I mean Generic Trading of Phili. are the a well known prop. trading firm. Do you need to supply a little capital to trade.

#13     Aug 20, 2002
  4. Carlin and Pro-Active have a joint venture in Las Vegas.

Most of there traders put up NO money, pay No Bright style Desk fee, Pay No Bright style risk charge, pay .001-or-less commissions
    and are payed 50% of what they make at the end of the month.

If a trader is losing he must make back what he has lost before receiving a pay day. HOWEVER, the firm has gone so far as to give there larger traders large advances against future wins.

I have two friends trading with the Las Vegas office and they are both in love with the firm.

As amazing as it sounds, if you make money trading and carry large overnight positions it can be markedly better to receive only 50% of your win than pay a "risk fee" and be highly lveraged. If you lose money trading....

One trader has $12,000,000 buying power and pays .008

#14     Aug 20, 2002
  5. I know traders who want to put up there own money to trade at Las Vegas Carlin/ Pro-Active and they have been offered COMMISSIONS QUIT A BIT LOWER than the Bright's "Large Vollume Rate" of .075. Also, Carlin has offered them NO DESK FEE and NO RISK CHARGE.

As for large day traders wishing to put up money and who do not need super large overnight leverage... Andover has given rates as low as .003 and even offered one Whale of a trader lower than .002.

However, regular guys seem to be able to get .005 - .008 depending on volome and risk of trading style.

Pro-Active/Carlin in Las Vegas, Andover in L.A. and Bright in Las Vegas all have phone numbers. Why not call, check out the offices
    and see who as Don would say is "Pricey".

#15     Aug 20, 2002
  6. No. I believe it's the other way around. But...do your own research. I'm revoking my previous statement.

All I know is what i hear. I'm not trying to spread rumors, only provide an opinion based on what I've heard. (Come to think of it, that seems to be the definition of a rumor).

But, as Don likes to say, "If I want your opinion, I'll give it to you!"

One thing is certain. The person who claims to manage risk in their Vegas office won't EVER be managing MY risk. Now, it's time to update my liability insurance...

#16     Aug 20, 2002
  7. When you say "large traders," does 250 lbs+ qualify for the lowest discount?

#17     Aug 20, 2002
  8. No I am not referring to the weight of the trader.

Let me add, however, that many of the Las Vegas/Carlin traders have over $1,000,000 buying power and may take it all home overnight as long as they have both longs and shorts. Some of the traders have held positions for one moth (or more). NO RISK CHARGE.

Relatively inexperianced traders have been given $300,000-500,000 and had there buying power raised in a matter of months.

#18     Aug 21, 2002
  9. You're kidding, I weighed more @ 13.:D

• fat.jpg
      File size:
      11.8 KB
      Views:
    #19     Aug 21, 2002
  10. mpow

mpow

Based on what your experiece and skill level is, u might start with a no contribution req or a small one. The requirements change from one branch office to the next, depending on which guy runs the office there. I think there are several offices in nyc and all of them are doing relatively well. I work at one in midtown, and i've had no complaints in the past year i've been there. Professional management is one thing I was looking for and I definitely found it here at Generic. You definitely don't have to worry about if or not you're gonna get the money you made evey month.

However, Generic usually doesn't have to much hand holding and it caters mostly to more experienced guys... so if u're relatively new to the biz, u might want to go where the structure caters to newer trader (e.g. worldco).

#20     Aug 21, 2002