Carlin Financial Prop Position

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by alextn, Nov 7, 2003.

1. the key is the time frame....like i said in the post you quoted, if it is only 6 months then cool. 2 years would be a different story.

#31     Nov 9, 2003
  2. nike

nike

producers in one office? hard to imagine. why they still want to pay a penny per share? but if its true then def go for it. the most u can loose is 6 months of your time. which is nothing compare to what u can possibly gain.

#32     Nov 9, 2003
  3. alextn

is your head trader named vince just curious?

#33     Nov 9, 2003
  4. alextn

alextn Guest

hi sorry
    the guy's name isn't vince

anyhow about the producers in the firm
    i dunno if it's true
    but that's what they claim.
    is a penny a share still really high?

#34     Nov 9, 2003
  5. i'mlong

i'mlong

this is a no brainer for a newbie. its a FREE education. how many people start out losing money and then leave the business? if he gets free education from a senior trader, he should take it. people used to pay thousands for this. if he makes money, he even gets a paycheck. like someone said, leave anytime. NOTHING to LOSE, eveything to gain. i don't see many firms offering training and no cap up.

#35     Nov 10, 2003
  6. all you have to do to keep your series 7 good is to complete continuing ecucation after certain time periods set by nasd.

#36     Nov 10, 2003
  7. alextn

alextn Guest

continuing education...
    that means just classes rite?
    i don't haveta go take more exams do i?

thx

#37     Nov 10, 2003
  8. solid

solid

no, these are people that just walk in off the street, no cap up.

#38     Nov 10, 2003
  9. i'mlong

i'mlong

continuing ed is not a class. its a short exam you have to take that you can't fail. if you get the question wrong, you have to take that section of the test over again until you get it right.

#39     Nov 10, 2003
  10. zdreg

zdreg

rules are changing

if bd accepts money from traders they will be classified not as proprietary traders but only as customers

#40     Nov 10, 2003