CARES Act Funding by hospital

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Tsing Tao, Dec 1, 2020.

1. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Some of us have been pointing this out all along. When you incentivize (financially) hospitals and give them money for labeling patients COVID and deaths due to COVID, while at the same time restricting them from their elective surgery that allows them to pay the bills, you shouldn't be surprised when you get COVID patients and COVID deaths.

[​IMG]

CaptainObvious likes this.
  2. Cuddles

Cuddles

ooh, now do one with the number of COVID patients treated.

3. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

What will that prove? That's there's a direct correlation to the funding received (and the incentive) and the number of COVID patients? That's the whole point.

elderado likes this.
  4. Cuddles

Cuddles

Oh, the point was stating the obvious that allocations for a novel virus should be proportionately sized to number of patients treated with said affliction? I thought you were going conspiratard and alleging money grab by the dirty Dems

5. UsualName

UsualName

I have to agree with @Here4money, the argument in the tweet doesn’t make any good analytical sense unless because NYC has the largest population of any city in America.

I would be more interested in a state’s total cares act funding divided total cases. I think that would give a good idea of any disproportionate funding to specific states.

6. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

I didn't say anything about the Democrats. All I said - and have been saying - is that if you take away a hospital's money stream with banning elective surgery, and then provide them a way to make money by paying them per COVID case, don't be surprised when you have so many COVID cases.

7. Cuddles

Cuddles

That would expose a disproportionate per capita allocation towards Trump's base, aka red states

8. Cuddles

Cuddles

It can't be that a highly contagious novel virus with relatively high mortality requires higher expenses to avoid the spread during a time of high demand for PPE, new methods and treatments, high observation man hours, and high liability costs?

These docs should've used HCQ. Or we could just remove the profit motive from healthcare like the left's been saying

9. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Interesting as it costs so much more in certain hospitals than others. And how long the CARES act went on funding this. And how it was tied to the case numbers diagnosed. And how there was a "kicker" if the patient was put on a ventilator. And how another kicker came if a patient died with COVID on the list (note, not from COVID, but COVID positive).

As for removing the profit motive from healthcare, if you're so for that, then you should be understanding exactly what I am saying here. You know, since you're on the left and all.

Do you support making elective surgery also profit free?

10. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

Welcome to Canada.

(Why are 10% of our people going to other countries for healthcare in order to avoid the long waits).

#10     Dec 1, 2020
    Tsing Tao likes this.