Careful - IB cfds

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by Leopard9, Sep 19, 2018.

1. Leopard9

Leopard9

Hi guys,

Just to share, IB is having some problems with some cfds not triggering Orders. For the second time today my stops were not triggered and I had to call them to manually close my position (tlry). Fortunatelly i was in the green.
    Chris told me they were trying to get issues fixed on cfds relating to underlying stocks. Those are fine and triggering orders with no problems.
    Share please and safe trades!

2. d08

d08

IB CFDs always some some issues, better watch those trades closely.

3. Leopard9

Leopard9

This is a problem and they should let clients know. Only happened on tlry, but twice. It ate good gains...

4. Are the CFDs having problems index CFDs? Index CFDs are the more popular CFDs.

5. I've been trading estx and es cfds at ib daily now for the past 2 years and never had any issues.

6. luisHK

luisHK

Is that because of buying power restrictions/smaller contract size or are Cfds better than the futures for some other reason ?
    I've used IB cfds btw, but only on european single stocks traded in countries where the underlying would be hit by transaction tax.

7. I trade a small family and friends account, so when I use the ES cfds I can still scale out

luisHK likes this.
  8. southall

southall

Scale in and out becomes harder with Futures when vol really spikes, eg DOW goes to 1000 pt daily ranges. If you need to trade a minimum of say 5 lots for scaling in and out purposes that could be too much risk for even a $500K account depending on how wide your stops are.

I would have switched to SPY or QQQ in such situations, but now those are no longer available to Europeans i will have to use IB CFDs when that happens again.

9. Leopard9

Leopard9

Chris said stock cfds. Happened to me in tlry twice. What happens is that you cant get out and you get stuck in the position. Futures and other cfds never happened. Just sharing so you know.

10. Had the same issue trading t-bills for several days. Put in a limit buy at the offer and never got filled, it just sits there. 90 day bills hardly move on price/yield all day hence its a technical issue with IB. Had to phone in IB and get the order placed manually.

#10     Sep 20, 2018