Career trading

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by TheACeofSpades, Mar 22, 2010.

1. Does anyone know of a trading firm in San Francisco or (close to it) that is hiring traders? I mean I have a masters in Finance and a lot of background in statistics but it seems every firm I see that's posting jobs is just trying to get you to put up your own cash and then charge you commissions. Is there a place I can apply to that will pick me up pay me a base pay, train me, and then I can make a living with their capital (obviously make them money too). I mean is this possible anymore, or are all the firms out there just trying to get your cash? I really don't care what I'm trading I just want it to be close to the bay area, and I don't want to have to put up capital. Not that I don't have it, I just don't like the idea... Thanks for any help anyone can offer.

2. 1) You're in the wrong town with the wrong experience at the wrong time in the business cycle.
    2) Post your question in the Job/Career Forums at wilmott.com
    3) Slog through the trading-related groups at LinkedIN.com for job listings.
    4) If nothing materializes within 6 months, you have to be willing to bankroll yourself, with your own money, to really give yourself a sense of motivation. :cool:

3. Yea I was afraid of that. Thanks for the help though nazzdack. I just like to research as much as I can. I guess I'll just have to keep saving. I wouldn't want to start with like less that 50k, I feel like that's even stretching it a little. Anyway I digress, thanks for the leads.

4. Wow with that attitude, it's shocking that you are not swamped with six figure salary & 90% payout offers. You definitely exhibit a lot of confidence & commitment in your potential abilities.

What has the world come to?

5. Clarium Capital
    Passport Capital

not too many firms in San Fran... and those two probably aren't hiring.