Career options.. Seeking constructive advice

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by mau-12, Dec 30, 2005.

1. mau-12

mau-12

Hello,

I've been visiting ET for quite some time and finally decided to join. This appears to be the proper forum to address my question. I'm 25 and I recently completed a six year enlistment in the Air Force.
    I am currently in school full time since my separation. I have decided to major in finance with an emphasis on investments. I have only completed the general education requirements so far, and will start on classes specific to the major this upcoming semester. My goal is to be involved with the markets in some fashion, preferably as a self employed professional trader. However, being a rational and practical person, one that pays attention to what experienced people in this forum have to say, I've realized (much to my dismay) that this goal might not reach a gratifying fruition.
    Bearing this in mind, I'd like to know what other areas I may be able to branch out into with a B.A in finance and an M.A in economics (the M.A in econ is the currently the plan after the undergrad, uncle sam is footing the bill so why not :D ) particularly areas that provide for a very comfortable living:)

thanks in advance for any constructive input,

-James

2. tomcole

tomcole

You have a goldmine there. Get your degree, work for a broker near a DoD base and solicit DoD folks as customers. You know them, their wants/desires etc, and can learn the markets.

They trust you, you probably like them, you'll make a fortune and help some very decent folks with their money. Good luck.