Career in Trading - New York City

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by xxxxpremierexxx, Aug 10, 2007.

1. I can probably get him a start at the NYSE....

I know one of the contract cleaners there really well, i can get the number for the head office if you want?

Has your brother emptied bins and used a mop before?

Hey, doesn't matter, i'm sure he'll get the hang of it.

Let us know what you think.

#11     Aug 11, 2007
  2. Once you get a bit older and sailors no longer want to pay to have sex with you, you can really run with the whole comedy thing and try to make it on the curcuit.

Nice material! :)

#12     Aug 11, 2007
  3. Thanks Seth - investment banking isn't much of an option but a good prop house is. I guess the idea is to understand which of these are decent over in NYC.

#13     Aug 11, 2007
  4. zdreg

zdreg

"(odd though it seems),"
    i assume that you have no political ambitions.

#14     Aug 11, 2007
  5. Why don't you assume instead I was irritated by it.

Thanks for the post buddy. Just what I was after from someone with 2650 posts or whatever to this site. Good stuff.

#15     Aug 12, 2007
  6. All you guys are a bunch of idiots. This guy couldnt get a job trading if it was the last thing he could do.

#16     Aug 12, 2007
  7. I have the info I need to pass on from elsewhere. Thanks to all that helped out and didn't just try to appear funny and clever.

This site used to pretty decent three of four years back. You definately used to be able to get an answer to a question. I always tried to provide answers to people interested enough to ask questions.

Reading this thread back though I'm a bit concerned this forum is being over-run by dickless cretins like our man "ManMaster" just above, or that other putz with 2600 postings "Zdreg" who actually bothered to log onto the thread and type a pointless little entry trying to be funny.

Hope it improves in the future again.

Happy trading boys and girls.

#17     Aug 12, 2007
  8. zdreg

zdreg

you never know where you are going to get a laugh from. you never know when a person is going to reveal the stuff that they are really made of.

xxx...thanks for the revelation and a good laugh. enjoy your sailors.

#18     Aug 12, 2007
  9. sim03

sim03

So, you used to have another alias here and always tried to help out back then. That's nice.

Under this alias, xxxxpremierexxx, you made your first post 9 months ago, as someone who had "been trading for 6 years in London, England." Great. What exactly have you contributed to the forum since then? Help us out here, would you.

In your second post 2 days ago, you pretended to be someone else, "new to trading," asking for help. Help on a most original question, apparently never before asked on ET: anyone can help this newb get a trading-related job in NYC? Sure thing... right this way.

When a natural question was raised by a member (a respected, long-time pro trader, as it were) about the obvious contradiction in your self-described trading background(s) between all of your 2 posts - wordlessly at first, with nothing but "??" - you called it "odd" and took offense. Hmm, who is the one being "odd" here? You know, it takes exactly 1 (one) click "to go to the bother of finding an old posting of [yours], (odd though it seems)." Major bother... really odd.

Let me see if I can sum up succinctly. You have contributed nothing in your 9 months here. You ask a naive, tired old, job-seeking question that gets chewed on endlessly here. You quickly start flaming with / pointing the finger at people who, strangely enough, prefer to know a bit about whether the person they'd be giving job-seeking advice to has "6 years" of trading experience or would be "new to trading." And you seem to be far too thin-skinned and take yourself way too seriously, to hang around and participate in a meaningful way.

Good riddance. Come back any time, in another three or four years.

#19     Aug 12, 2007
  10. zdreg

zdreg

the responses were not idiotic but realistic. while the situation is bleak it is not impossible. a person should still pursue their dreams.

#20     Aug 12, 2007