Career Advice: Here are my trading results

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by Brian Diesel, Dec 18, 2006.

1. WarEagle

WarEagle Moderator

If you took $10k to $85k in a year, why not go back to that? It would only take a couple of years and you would be running your own fund, full of your own money, with no one else to answer to.

Good luck in your search.

#11     Dec 18, 2006
  2. His first year trading was year 1999. Remember that year? Bigcharts.com shows QCOM price increasing from about 5 $ / share to about 100 $ per share during 1999. I recall 1999 as a very good year for stock market traders.

#12     Dec 18, 2006
  3. If you are referring to me, my first year that I made $85k was actually in 2000.

#13     Dec 18, 2006
  4. Yep, if he had the same record say from 2001 and onwards, it would be much more impressive.

#14     Dec 18, 2006
  5. Also an amazing year. A period that is once a lifetime.

I'm surprised you would not spend the money to get those results verified. With a degree it holds serious weight.

So you made 345k with your dad's account? You should take a part of the profits and make that your initial stake. You do have enough money to start out on your own.

#15     Dec 18, 2006
  6. I agree with it being once in a lifetime and wish I was not as conservative as I am. But can't complain.

My fathers account is an IRA. It's his retirement. After busting his @ss for 30 years working outside in construction, I am happy that I can help him retire and live a modest life in the warm Florida sun. Even though he threw me out at 18! lol

I will continue to trade his account, but would not take anything from his account. I just have to figure out how to make this transition once again on my own. The market doesn't offer the same opportunities as it did. To be able to support myself and build my account, I would like at least $250k to trade with.

#16     Dec 19, 2006
  7. >= 1000%

#17     Dec 19, 2006
  8. Making 100K is important... of course. But making money in the a norm. Who's stupid enough to invest in someone who's been losing in the past?

What's more important is the quality of how you made that 100K.

#18     Dec 19, 2006
  9. bidask

bidask

can you tell us a little bit about yourself and why you think 100%+ per year is a cutoff?

#19     Dec 19, 2006
  10. Bush did get reelected now, didnt he?

#20     Dec 19, 2006