Career advice for salaried worker

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by WorkingSlave, Jan 6, 2010.

1. lynx

lynx

I tried this once at a full time job many years ago. I found that there was no way that I could concentrate on the market and get my work done at the same time. But I am pretty poor at multitasking, so others might have better luck.

#51     Feb 1, 2010
  2. Yes, but don't get caught. Corporate boss drones don't want you to realize you don't need their J-O-B

#52     Feb 1, 2010
  3. I have some advice. Get involved with Corporate/Contract recruiting while the market still sucks. After the market firms up and you have some experience under your belt, you can become a member of the secret society of baller recruiters.

I hate the idea of a permanent job and thanks to this recession, I had to take one. I would gladly pay some corporate wannabe $50k a year to take my place here and I will collect the other $30-40k of my salary to stay at home and trade or focus on my other business projects.

The fact is, you can make $40-$90hr contract recruiting with a HS diploma...or better yet a GED like half my colleagues. I was pulling down $20k-$50k a month back in 1999 before the bubble. Granted, those days are over and will probably never come back, but you can still bank $10,000 a month for 3-6 months, wrap up your contract...collect unemployment if you so choose and then do it all over again.

The best part is, by the time you wrap up your contract you are already sick of the people you work with and bored of the technology or whatever you are dealing with. Good riddance. And, there isn't a better feeling from a work perspective than quitting your job. Well, you can quit over and over a few times a year…its very liberating...

People say they would love a stable job, well I say it's all yours. A stable job means you will probably buy a house and a few cars, and lock yourself into bills that will lock you down for the rest of your life. No job is permanent and no possession is worth throwing your life away, in the form of unhappiness and discontent. Lose your bills, take risks...fail....succeed and enjoy life.

Just don't take anyone down with you. Taking risks is one thing, but taking them for someone else isn't right. So if you are single just go for it.

#53     Feb 1, 2010