Carbon Trading (EUA and CER)

Discussion in 'Trading' started by benwm, Dec 22, 2009.

1. benwm

benwm

Anyone trade EUA(EU Allowances) or CER(Certified Emission Reductions) on ICE/ECX?

Wondering what the liquidity is like, which brokers offer trading in this product...

Thanks in advance.

2. benwm

benwm

I hear that Carbon Trading not possible with IB. Any brokers offering trading in carbon?

3. You would have to ask the major prime brokers.

It is not ready for the retail crowd yet, not even close. Only for institutions.

4. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

Traded ECX UEA for the first time this morning( retail ). It's quite liquid.

ECX CER is really thin. Placed orders but never got filled.

5. What platform and how much are they charging?

6. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

CTS T4, they charge 500$ per month( 0.5 $ per trade capped at 500 $ in fact ).

I like this platform, it's basic but you got CME,CBOT, NYMEX, ICE, MGEX, KCBOT and EUREX at one price.

From what my broker told me, they are cleared through ICE but are ECX and CCFE products, so I had to wait a little to trade them. My broker didn't know if I was able to trade it.

7. Interesting, thanks for the info. Why did you have to wait to trade them? The ICE Carbon products have been available for at least two years.

8. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

I guess my broker doesn't provide access to ECX and CCFE on paper. I really don't know. They just told me it was because it was only cleared on ICE. I was the first one to ask.

I just had to wait one week ( perhaps they had to do some paperwork???)instead of enabling it for the next day like usual ICE products...