Carbon Footprint for Republicans (lots of photos, warning)

Discussion in 'Politics' started by 377OHMS, Dec 17, 2012.

1. I want to publicly apologize to 377OHMS for giving him grief. I can be an asshole on the forums, but try to counter it by making an attempt to help people when possible. One of my kids is ill at UCSF and I'm not dealing with it very well. Wife is in SF while I am holding down the fort. Thankfully, she's improving. The shooting in CT simply added fuel to the fire.

I didn't take offense to any of the sparring until the accusations that I've tried to contact an employer or in any way impact a forum member's personal life or livelihood. I took it personally.

It's a stress reliever to post to the forums during the trading day, but I plan on limiting my posts to the trading forums.

We'll have to disagree on the model designation of the Porsche, but my apology is sincere.

#31     Dec 19, 2012
  2. Mav88

Mav88

good luck with the kid, hope things work out

wanna see pics of my '72 Dodge Dart? finished 2nd at Bristol...

#32     Dec 19, 2012
  3. Thanks. She'll be home before Xmas. And yeah, let me get my loupe.

#33     Dec 19, 2012
  4. 1) Blow that out your ass, as I've made it quite clear I don't give a shit "how well you are handling your personal problems".

2) Nobody gives a fvck what you find "offensive" douchebag.

3) So I take it she has the Sheepdogs with her then?:D :D

4) Yeah you do that, otherwise you might get your ass kicked again.

#34     Dec 19, 2012
  5. 377OHMS

377OHMS

So he is still making excuses? And what, apologizing? Hmm.

Its is hard to argue with the pictures. You can see that there are no emission controls installed, no smog pump, no CVS. You can't see the exhaust but there is no cat. Every engine that came off the line has that same nameplate. The cars don't have US smog equipment because they are exempted by prior agreement and so they were imported just like they sold in Europe. Nothing had to be added. The nameplate indicates that. Its irrefutable.

The hand-throttle is unique to that model. The speedo is unique to that model. It has all the proper coachwork and the numbers all match. Mine has a slightly different front bumper than some others. Nobody is sure why. Also mine never had the factory airbox, it had a six-pack of open metal stacks and I put the K&N set on in the late 90s. The only piece that is missing is the factory steering wheel. I've never been able to find the right one.

The thing about me is that when I'm wrong I've been pretty quick on ET to admit it and to express some regret. This guy seems unable to do that. Whatever. People can decide for themselves I guess but clearly atticus has been wrong at every step. The only guy I've seen on ET who has honored a bet is Lucrum.

#35     Dec 19, 2012
  6. My apology was sincere. I have no qualms about paying out on a bet. Comparing a 914-6 to a GT is akin to comparing a Cavalier to a Corvette. As stated, I would give me left nut for a GT, and the production 914-6 is a fantastic car.

I saw your pic of a white 914 on this thread. I saw no flared quarters so I wrongly assumed it was a 914-4, but that doesn't make it a GT.

The bet stipulations were clearly posted. This is a $10k bet, not a bet for who pays lunch. And then in your reply you immediately declined, stating, "only a fool would enter into any wager or agreement with you."

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=3704737&highlight=le+mans#post3704737

Every single GT (save for #1) had flared quarters from the factory. The bet also stipulated that you provide some proof that it ran in Le Mans. I am not pulling that out of my ass now, it was posted to the thread before you decided to decline the wager.

Hand throttle in a production 914-6 (non GT):

http://www.flickriver.com/photos/cjcam/3982102349/

All of the 914-6 GT serial numbers are listed here:

http://www.stazak.com/914/gt/car/car.html

All factory works cars were orange, except for #1 (green).

Here's a pic of the only 1970 GT that placed at the 24h of Le Mans; 1st in GT and 6th overall:

http://www.stazak.com/914/gt/car/9140431020.html

#36     Dec 19, 2012
  7. Here's the "customer" (not a factory works) ivory GT that won the GT-class at Le Mans in 1970 and sixth overall, serial# 9140431020:

http://www.pbase.com/9146gt/factory_9146gt_race_cars_sn9140431020_sonauto40

If you want to PM me with proof that your car's serial matches a factory works GT, and that the your car finished third at Le Mans then I will pay out on the bet. I'll need to see some body shots and a "watermark" in the photo. I am not asking for any proof beyond what you've stated and stipulated in my wager.

If not, then I'd like to hear a reasonable explanation why you should not pay-out on the bet.

#37     Dec 19, 2012
  8. I'm very sorry to hear about your sick child. As the father of two daughters, one of whom experienced some serious health problems, I understand what you're going through.

Let me offer some friendly advice. When you're under stress and worried about your child, you should be spending time with people who are supportive and empathetic. ET P&R is the last place you're going find support or empathy. Now is a good time to be with with friends and family, not arguing on ET.

My wife and I will keep good thoughts for you and your family.

Best regards,

Tom

#38     Dec 19, 2012
  9. Mav88

Mav88

life ain't fair fellas, some of us just live better, don't hold it against me

[​IMG]

#39     Dec 19, 2012
  10. Thanks Tom. It means a lot and it's much needed.

Mav, I am going to need to see docs and title on that beast.

#40     Dec 19, 2012