Carbon Credit Offsets for Individuals??

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by marketsurfer, Apr 4, 2008.

1. flaxion10

flaxion10

When it comes down to it, no one really knows the extent of the damage we have done to our Earth's fragile systems. My question to all of you is this? Why not take all the necessary precautions to reduce the risk of this catastrophe? The last time I checked this blue ball named Earth was the only planet we were technically able to inhabit. Our leading scientists who study this are warning us about the factual data that we paid them with our own tax dollars to find. My other question is this... Why WOULD the president and vice president support alternative energy development? Dick Cheney's former company has increased its stock price by 78 million dollars since the Iraq war. It is all tied together! Can you not make a valid prediction of what all these correlations spell out? For being investors I would think that you could see through all the bullshit that is clogging the real view of the threat we are posing to the only planet we have. Yay to clean/renewable energy credits.

#61     Apr 8, 2008
  2. NazSpaz

NazSpaz

I like eating Mexican food, so what I need are Butane Credit Offsets. :D

#62     Apr 8, 2008
  3. Good post. Exactly my thoughts as well. I would rather we be wrong about global warming and have done something about it than not do anything and be living in a dust bowl. I'm surprised that more traders do not see the logical "hedge" here and instead focus on the politics of the day. The Earth and environment is remarkable resilient and able to repair itself so long as it is not pushed over the brink.

#63     Apr 8, 2008
  4. The interesting part about that is all these countries "signed on" to Kyoto, but none of them abide by it. Kind of like wearing one of those "I care" ribbons on your lapel: "I care; I just refuse to do anything about the situation." When the U.S. ratifies something, we actually ABIDE by it: one of the big differences between us and Europe.

#64     Apr 8, 2008
  5. #65     Apr 8, 2008
  6. fhl

fhl

I couldn't help but notice this statement from the above post.

"we paid them with our own tax dollars to find"...(global warming)

Funny how an oil company scientist is not credible because he was "paid to find no correlation". But when a scientist is paid to find global warming, ah yes, no such assertions are made about their motives.

That's the beauty of being a liberal. Your motives are above reproach.

#66     Apr 8, 2008
  7. flaxion10

flaxion10

These scientist I speak about are scientist who are not tied to anything other than their scientific data and the universities that employ them. These scientist are not employed by global warming. Why would the leading thinkers from the most prestigious schools risk their honor just to say global warming is happening? Your response does not follow at all.

#67     Apr 8, 2008
  8. It's been a real cold winter around here.

Global Warming is Al Gore's problem not mine.

#68     Apr 8, 2008
  9. flaxion10

flaxion10

Thats the attitude that will sustain our presence on Earth.

#69     Apr 8, 2008