Car gasoline

Discussion in 'Politics' started by raszorz, Jul 30, 2003.

1. raszorz

raszorz Guest

Does anyone here use the "plus" grade gasoline?

There are: regular, plus, and super I think.

It's a random question but maybe someone out here know's who actually uses this.

2. HELL NO

3. maxpi

maxpi

Yes, I put 89 octane in the Camaro, it seems to run a little better.

4. The gas station I go to has three grades, too.

Bend over. Bend over a little more. And, Bend over and grab your ankles.

5. monkey

monkey

If you put anything more expensive than what your manual recommends, you are wasting your money. Trust your owners manual. Only put in 93 (super) or 89 (plus) if it says it needs it or if your engine knocks on the recommended grade.

6. bobcathy1

bobcathy1 Guest

Aphie, you are a funny dude.:D :D

7. Just out of curiosity, I would be interested in knowing what gas prices are in other parts of the country. Here, in Lake County, IL where I live (i.e. 40 minutes north of Chicago) 87 octane unleaded has been averaging between $1.47-$1.57 for the past 3 months or so...In CHicago, however, its always at least .25-.35 cents more per gallon for various city taxes, etc...

8. You may be wasting your money using higher octane. I met a guy who ran a gas wholesale operation. They sold to convenience stores, etc, basically any gas station not affiliated with a major. He said a big problem was the owners would cut the premium with regular. You pay for 93 octane but end up getting maybe 90.

9. ktm

ktm

I've read several articles that state scientifically that there is no appreciable difference between the grades.

I have an older Chevy that now demands higher octane. If I run a tank of anything less than 90, about 1/4 the way through, the check engine light comes on and stays on til it gets a high octane fill-up. My new Benz owners manual says the car requires 93 oct. I have only ever put 94 in the car from Sunoco. I've talked to others who say their vehicles knock with lower octanes.

10. maxpi

maxpi

Or if you modified your engine to run with more advance.

#10     Jul 31, 2003