Car Dealers on Brink: Chrysler Alone May Lay Off 140,000 Employees from JUST Dealers

Discussion in 'Economics' started by ByLoSellHi, Apr 21, 2009.

1. We don't need manufacturing in America. Banks account for most of our GDP. Everybody can work for a bank. I think they will start hiring soon.

#11     Apr 21, 2009
  2. Yes they will. Banks will be hiring Auctioneers.

#12     Apr 21, 2009
  3. I've been specifically looking at one and two year old CPO BMW 5 and 7 Series, and anyone who claims that they're not available now at substantial discounts compared to a year and especially two years ago (comparably equipped one and two year old models at that time) is CLUELESS.

#13     Apr 21, 2009
  4. BLSH, wont the hungry mob trash your ride when you take it out on the street?

Or do you live in one of those gated communities?

Cheers.

#14     Apr 21, 2009
  5. We park our cars in our garage, and we have a great police department, and live in a safe community.

We are headed for much worse economic times, however, and even wealthier areas are going to get hit hard with crime, if they haven't already.

I've already heard from some relatives who live in both Pompano and Coconut Grove, and property crime in those areas has definitely picked up.

#15     Apr 21, 2009
  6. Sushi

Sushi

Ofcourse the car of choice for the corporate mid level slave class is discounted. I would suspect bmw to be next to worthless as the yuppie slave wannabes either grow up or run out of money. Pretty funny!

#16     Apr 21, 2009
  7. You know BiLo...

I'm quite more interested in your RE commentary than your posting of dead dealerships. That is of course unless your Dad owns tons of car dealerships too.

More RE.

#17     Apr 21, 2009
  8. That's a Bloomberg story about the impact, nationwide, that shuttered dealerships will have on the unemployment rate - not even speaking to the factory and white collar jobs already lost and still being lost in the face of Chrysler and GM bankruptcy reorganization.

I have no idea what your ragging about. Take two Pamprin and call your OB/GYN in the morning.

#18     Apr 21, 2009
  9. Well of course I was sincerely asking for more RE commentary and less Bloomy.com yack...which we can all get.

#19     Apr 21, 2009
  10. I really don't see what the problem is with Bloomberg (since few other media outlets are doing so) informing the investment community that 140,000 employees work at Chrysler dealerships, alone.

I wasn't aware of that fact, and would have naively guessed maybe 30,000 at most, if forced to hazard a guess.

And then, it begs the question of how many people work at General Motor's dealerships, as GM has approximately 5x the number of dealers Chrysler does, I think.

#20     Apr 21, 2009