Capturing 2x or 3x Hi/Low Range - Poll

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Sanjuro, Aug 15, 2003.

1. Sanjuro

Sanjuro

JackHershey / Bubba7 -
    "A reasonable target for a day would be 300% of the H/L value."
    "I think it is safe to assume that a person can make more per day than the H/L range.
    This is past the plateaux related to all the back testing and "edge" stuff and W/L ratios, etc."

This is just amazing. Is this possible?

Just because you can't do it doesn't make it impossible. :)

2. I think 2X is doing very good IMHO.

3. I think the wording of your poll is confusing. The question asks whether we think it is possible (that is, if anyone can do it), but the answers seem to imply that the question wants to know if we personally can do it. So, do you want to know if I can do it, or do you want to know if I think someone like Jack can do it?

4. I used to think somebody trying to do 2x daily range was nuts. Not! Not me but it is being done.

p.s. it really pisses me off. I use to think i was smart.

5. yes, the poll is severely flawed. the creator is mixing 2 questions in one poll. on one hand he's asking if it is possible, but the choices are if we can do it.

FLAWED

ROCK

6. Sanjuro

Sanjuro

If you think the Poll is flawed, that tell the Moderator which answers should be edited.

7. I haven't been able to do it. If someone on ET can, I sure wish they'd post a journal for a week with r/t calls. That would at least tell me it's possible. Without some evidence I'd be pretty skeptical that hitting 2x the range on a daily basis is consistently possible.

8. Pabst

Pabst

Hell, I consider myself lucky if I only lose as much as some of these ranges.:D

9. I have done 3x the range a few times, but the members that are voting for 3x are simply lying if they are saying they can consistently do it. I wouldn't think many are grabbing 45 ES points on some days where the high/low range is 15 points.

With that being said, I have done 2xs the range in bonds several times the last 3 weeks. Absolutely huge swings of 20 to 30 ticks several times per day.

10. www. AskJack. com (a proposed domain name for Jack) :D .

#10     Aug 15, 2003