Capitulation

Discussion in 'Trading' started by detective, Jan 17, 2008.

1. gaj

gaj

it's ok - you should have heard (or in my case, read) christopher shays in the baseball steroids case earlier this week...

#21     Jan 17, 2008
  2. Are we finally going to get it today? Europe seems to have capitulated this morning for all of 45 minutes!

Knowing how hardheaded the dip buyers are, I don't see any white flags until we get to 11,000 on the Dow.

#22     Jan 22, 2008
  3. To "Anticipation" by Carly Simon

Ca pitch ooooo la tion
    Is makin' my day..

bump bump

buyin' the dips

bump bump

sellin' the rall eeeeeeeeees

#23     Jan 22, 2008
  4. When a substantial reduction in asset values comes along, which isn't often, welcome it.When it finishes, it will have been the prelude to the next cycle of rising values

#24     Jan 22, 2008
  5. S2007S

S2007S

Paulson talking now, seems anytime the markets are down these guys come and talk the same things, dont they understand that they arent doing much, the dow is already down over 18%. They keep saying how great the economy is, how the housing market slump will be fixed, come on..........

they actually think this is going to work. How many times has he said something positive about this economy while the markets sell off....

#25     Jan 22, 2008
  6. No capitulation today. The Fed blew it. This was the one day to make a clean bottom and he totally blew it. We're stuck in a huge bear market now, and every rate cut should be short.

#26     Jan 22, 2008
  7. Cramer scored points with me for kicking Brian Wesbury in the teeth. When that guy goes bearish I would maybe start looking for long positions.

:D

#27     Jan 22, 2008
  8. The only person that capitulated was Bazooka Ben. This market is going to have to washout, rate cut or not. Ben just gave the bears the green light to short this market to oblivion. What is Ben gonna do, cut rates again tomorrow? LOL.

#28     Jan 22, 2008
  9. Ignorance and tunnel vision comes too often from some ET contributors. What the stock & futures markets do or don't do each day is NOT the first consideration. The bottom line is that the Fed has to preserve a functioning banking & credit system which is facing underlying peril. Therefore you should see the 75 basis point reduction as addressing the "broader financial market conditions (which) have continued to deteriorate" as specifically pointed out by the Fed.

#29     Jan 22, 2008