Capitulation

Discussion in 'Trading' started by detective, Jan 17, 2008.

1. What do you mean? Best to lock-in profits now rather than wait for a "progam," whatever that is anyway.

#11     Jan 17, 2008
  2. dsq

dsq

i heard on cnbc(? )that 25% of sp500 is financial companies.Seems a little high,no?

#12     Jan 17, 2008
  3. The final hour will be the tell to see if people still have hope or are going to capitulate. Looks like the buy program is off the books for now.

#13     Jan 17, 2008
  4. AAPL is still in the green! How can we get a bottom when people are looking at AAPL as a safe haven?

#14     Jan 17, 2008
  5. Mvic

Mvic

Lots of buying on the dip still going on.

BKX
    XLF
    SOX
    QQQQ
    HPQ

none making news lows with the SPX.

#15     Jan 17, 2008
  6. hajimow

hajimow

Even AMZN is green. Such a courage.:D

#16     Jan 17, 2008
  7. hajimow

hajimow

IYR shows a good resistance. $1 up tomorrow.

#17     Jan 17, 2008
  8. This is so discouraging for the bulls. Just a steady drop lower, no capitulation, no cathartic selling, just a bunch of hopeful traders buying dips and trying to sell on the oversold rally. Everyone is a dip buyer these days.

#18     Jan 17, 2008
  9. lol,

Capitulation? far from it. INDU will break through 12000 before any hint of "panic" selling.

First leg of the bear is in play. Plenty of down side to go.

#19     Jan 17, 2008
  10. There 's a lot of panic in DC as I write this. They know they've let it go to far, and new legislation is being drafted. So I figure we've got another year:D

We'll be trading pop bottles with these assholes.

Senator from Ohio, Marcy Beentheretoolong, is grilling Bernanke, and she came down on him for being the ex CEO of Goldman Sachs. After the laughter subsided, she says, "oh, that's the other guy?"

Shouldn't our legislatures be grade school grads at the minimum???? Very fucking depressing.

#20     Jan 17, 2008