Capitalizing on longterm demise of USD

Discussion in 'Forex' started by PaulRon, Mar 28, 2008.

1. PaulRon

PaulRon

I firmly believe the USD is going to continue to lose value for some time to come. Which currency do you see being the best against the USD long term? If the USD loses 1 dollar against the EUR (10,000 pips), with 100:1 leverage and assuming your account doesn't get blown you could make a 10,000% return on your investment. What do you guys think?

2. I suggest you borrow your initial deposit and thus really goose your returns. And then you could pyramid your profits. You could be the next George Soros. Go for it, man!

3. clacy

clacy

Souns like you have it figured out.

4. Heh...if this shit is happening now, you know a bottom is close.

5. PaulRon

PaulRon

no end in sight for the bottom of the USD :p

6. This is a joke. Mr. PaulRon.

7. there is a reason or rather reasons professionals don't use 100:1 leverage. I hope you arent expecting the USD to loose that much. Its not going to happen. the fact that this post exists is hints at USD bottoming

8. Agreed. I noticed the ads on Bloomberg from MONEX touting the "enormous" growth potential of gold. Not that I would place money on it, but it's a pretty good sign when the kid pumping gas says he's heavy into gold........

9. There is no question in my mind that the USD is never going to become worth much more, and it is always going to lose value (long term). This is obvious to anyone who understands the scam called fiat money.

However, virtually all the currencies currently in use are fiat money just like the USD, and it is highly likely that they are going to lose value faster than the USD at some point. My personal opinion is that the "bottom" for the USD relative to the EUR, JPY, even the CAD, AUD is near. Think about it. Americans have recently fallen victim to the "American dream of home ownership" scam. BFD, look at the problems the other nations are getting themselves into. They may not be as overleveraged in the mortgage market, but ultimately the relative value of a fiat currency is determined by more than just a real estate bubble. There is socialized medicine, hostile tax environments, laws restricting international trade, and plenty of other aspects in which some (in my opinion, most) countries are far inferior to these fine United States.

I lived in Europe for years, and I have lived here - in the USA - for years. The reason why I decided to live in the United States of America is my firm belief that, when the shit hits the fan, the people in this country will come out ahead. Americans have a strong sense of independence and are highly motivated and productive if they are presented with a worthwhile opportunity. They are generally more willing and better able to adapt to changing circumstances; they don't sit around expecting the government to tell them what to do; they take the initiative and try to navigate around whatever the government may throw their way.

Now that you have listened to all this general babble, let me answer your question directly: gold and silver.

Edit: If you must trade a "conventional" FX pair, you might want to check out the GBP. All the world's central banks are subservient to the Bank of England. This may or may not mean that the GBP is going to collapse last. Frankly, I don't care to look into this any deeper than I have. I already know all I (personally) need to know about the GBP. It does not meet my standards for capital preservation, but yours might differ.

10. Bongo972

Bongo972

I think Asian currencies have the most to gain from USD over the next 10 years or so.

#10     Mar 29, 2008