Capitalism At Its Best

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by libertad, Oct 28, 2008.

1. http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601087&sid=an7WRFhqReH4&refer=home

The big banks accept $125 Billion....

And then pay out $108 Billion in bonuses......

Found $, Eh ?

If the gov is stupid enough to give it to them....they are smart enough to spend it......

Same with derivatives....if the customer is stupid enough to buy it....hey....found $......

Everybody else is just stupid ...

2. The article says $108 billion in compensation and bonuses, not just bonuses...

3. This is pure theft, or maybe a more efficient way of getting that money through to system to be spent ? :p

4. AAA30

AAA30

Good eye.

5. Awe ok.....
    http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?...ReH4&refer=home

The big banks accept $125 Billion....

And then pay out $108 Billion in bonuses......AND SALARIES....

Found $, Eh ?

If the gov is stupid enough to give it to them....they are smart enough to spend it......

Same with derivatives....if the customer is stupid enough to buy it....hey....found $......

Everybody else is just stupid ...

6. I would not be averse to the idea that the government place an 80% tax on income of all employees of any firm who takes government money in the bailout

until we da people get our 700 billion back
    :)

7. IF YOU WANT YOUR MONEY BACK THEN THE COMPANIES NEED TO PAY BONUSES AND SALARIES!!!

HOW MUCH ARE THESE COMPANIES WORTH WHEN ALL THE TOP TALENT LEAVE???

A LOT LESS!!!

THATS LIKE BUYING A COMPANY AND SAYING WE DONT NEED THE EMPLOYEES

THEY SHOULDNT BE ALLOWED TO GIVE BONUSES TO PEOPLE WHO ARE PART OF THE PROBLEM.

but if you are an employee of a BOFA working in the client services division of a retail bank. You have done well and have maintained great relationships with your customers, you deserve to get paid enough to do it again next year

8. HAHAHAHAHAHA SHAME TO ALL YOU FOOLS WHO PAY TAX!!! :D :p :D

This is why i elected to use an sb firm and so have all my earning tax exempt, even though i have a 12ticks spread, so paying £24 t £36 per trade!! :mad:

But id fucking hate to pay the government my own cash as 'tax', just for them to go and give it to other people!! lol

9. the alternative for these guys is they should all go broke and go out of business. So getting to stay afloat is good deal in my opinion.

really they should all go broke - the top talent aint too bright if they ran 25 major fucking companies into the ground doing bad deals

really the top talent mess up - and they should all be driving fish trucks - and new 'real' talent will take their place

time for the forest to burn
    if they dont want to burn -- 80% tax rate till they pay every penny back

10. piezoe

piezoe

Indeed, and how much is enough? A million or two should be adequate incentive i would think. Anyone who believes they need more than that to get out of bed in the morning probably ought not to be hired.

#10     Oct 28, 2008