Capital Migration and Politics

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Maverick74, Nov 17, 2010.

1. CaptainObvious as the voice of reason. My, how the world has changed. :)

#31     Nov 17, 2010
  2. Hello

Hello

Do you think the government can create jobs as efficiently as the private sector in terms of cost?

#32     Nov 17, 2010
  3. Ricter

Ricter

No, but, as there are few sales business will not get to practice its efficiency anyway, so there's no point giving them more money which, as I have said, they do not need. Remember, with the stimulus we are actually borrowing to create "phony" economic activity, aka buying, with the hope that we can "fill the trough" until world trade begins generating real economic activity. Long-term, of course, this cannot work, but I believe that is due to more underlying or fundamental causes than many care to think about. I'm a big pessimist because, for at least two reasons, I feel certain there will be an unprecedented surge of the "economically irrelevant". Someone said to me, get used to 20% unemployment, and learn to speak Mandarin. I hope the number is so low as 20%! I don't believe the Chinese have any easier time of this than we do.

Edit: I mentioned infrastructure. Here's a good example of where we could put some money:

http://www.theonion.com/video/obama-replaces-costly-highspeed-rail-plan-with-hig,18473/

#33     Nov 17, 2010
  4. Hello

Hello

I also believe that we are facing the beginning of the end as it pertains to western civilization, due largely inpart to the internet, but also due to out of control government. We are in for a rude awakening in the next 10-20 years.

I would have found your video more funny if it wasnt so true, the government should change its motto to "tried tested and true." Meaning, "We are going to try it, it isnt tested, and what we are telling you definately isn't true."

#34     Nov 17, 2010
  5. We can agree that the mega wealthy business owners pay little or no taxes. Perhaps this is the wrong thread for my rant. It's just when I hear that tax breaks are somehow going to create jobs...I go off the rails. Demand for products and/or services create jobs, not tax regulations. Do taxes weigh heavy on the individual and push them towards change of location? You bet!

#35     Nov 17, 2010
  6. Ricter

Ricter

Fascinating! I've considered very briefly the role of the internet, but I'd like very much to hear what you are thinking on that... please expound!

#36     Nov 17, 2010
  7. Hello

Hello

Are you being facetious :confused::D

#37     Nov 17, 2010
  8. Ricter

Ricter

Short answer, I'm on my phone, no. Please share your thoughts on the role the internet plays.

#38     Nov 17, 2010
  9. It will be interesting to see how those high tax union states like CA, NY, IL and MA pay off their massive pensions with capital flight.

#39     Nov 18, 2010
  10. Maverick74

Maverick74

It's called a federal bailout. I think we will see the Fed come in and buy some more debt. And round and round we go.

#40     Nov 18, 2010