Capital gains tax incoming by Executive order

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Cuddles, Aug 20, 2019.

1. Cuddles

Cuddles

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019...n-issue-capital-gains-tax-cut-executive-order

Trump Says He Can Issue Capital Gains Tax Cut With Executive Order

"We’re always looking at the capital gains tax, payroll tax," Trump told reporters in his latest lenghty presser, adding "I would love to do something on capital gains," Trump says, "We’re talking about that."

There was more.

Trump went so far as to say he can cut taxes by indexing capital gains to inflation without congressional approval, a move the White House has been considering for months and that would largely benefit the wealthy.

“We’ve been talking about indexing for a long time,” Trump told reporters at the White House on Tuesday. “And many people like indexing and it could be done very simply. It could be done directly by me.”

2. ET180

ET180

Lower the capital gains tax and that could backfire...more people could sell especially when they think that a higher capital gains tax is coming.

3. gaussian

gaussian

It would directly benefit the ultra wealthy who provide no real value to society and make almost all of their money in capital gains. It's one of the only taxes I generally support because it can be considered a debt paid to the rest of society that is, you know, useful.

He's setting up for his 2020 loss so that when he goes back to the Mar-A-Lago to meet with his billionaire cronies he can say he did more than enough to help them. Imagine paying ~3% on your capital gains. Why work?

4. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

All that money will trickle down (to Modena Italy and Paris France).

5. Not only that, we're already running deficits.

Also talk of cutting "payroll tax". That probably not good either. They're already telling us that SS is to run out of money in 5-10 years. That would suggest a payroll tax HIKE as more likely.

Trumps trying to pull out all the stops to goose the market higher before the 2020 election. Not sure that's in anybody's best interest except his.

:(

murray t turtle likes this.
  6. Do I remember wrongly that you were a die hard Trump fan and were for anything that advances the interests of the top 1%? Why the sudden buyers' remorse?

7. %%
    Deficits are a spending problem;
    but you are free to send the IRS an extra gift if you want to LOL .As far as 3rd year of 4 year cycle being strong- that's quite a common pattern, for many years. NOT likely anyone is bigger than the market, i remember what happened when the chicago crook pres tried to jawbone up /over regulate the price of oil/energy= one of biggest bear trends of all time .As far as your earlier comparison of this year to 1999-most likely correct.:cool::cool:

gkishot likes this.
  8. Capital gains tax yes please :) hopefully 15% cap on short term gains and 10% cap on long term gains. Sounds fair to me.

gkishot likes this.
  9. How are you gonna finance that? More cuts to the middle class and cattle class? Then you can soon enjoy your fenced home with tons of security guards but all that won't help when the masses wake up and stage a revolution. We are already traversing in this direction its just that the average American is way too uneducated and dumb to yet see it for themselves. They are still duped by the elite propaganda that ensures to maintain the status quo.

Seaweed likes this.
  10. gkishot

gkishot

Who do you want to finance what?

#10     Aug 24, 2019