Capital Access Anyone?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by moneymakah, Feb 14, 2004.

1. Hi all,

I'm a very polished trader who is looking to enter the market as a professional. I can document all of my returns to date:

2002 (bear market?) 151%
    2003 103%

I manage risk very effectively and am an accomplished short seller. I have built up just over $100k in capital over the past two years, but this is not enough for me to quit my day job. Can anyone here point me down the right path? I will gladly document my claims if given serious consideration.

Thanks,
    Moneymakah

2. Yes. You have two reasonable options available to you:

1. At this rate, you will have 225k next year and 500k the year after that. Wait one or two years and then quit your day job. A little patience goes a long way.

2. Quit your day job right now. You are averaging $125k per year in profits. That should be enough to sustain you and still allow you to gradually increase your trading stake.

If you believe your performance will continue, there is simply no good reason for you to choose any other path.

Best Wishes!
    jj

3. lescor

lescor

Why not get licensed and join a professional firm? It's bascially just a retail account on steroids. Put up a nominal amount of cash (way less than $100k) and get all the buying power you want. Lots of guys make a good living with $25k or less in capital.

Do a search of this site, the subject's been discussed ad nauseum.

4. tradepro

tradepro