Cantor Scores First With Jobs Plan

Discussion in 'Politics' started by JamesL, Aug 30, 2011.

1. the whole vehicle depreciation system for small business owners was abused and was an under the table gift. they are tightening it up now but here are the details:

"You can get a tax deduction of up to $25,000 in Section 179 depreciation by purchasing and using a new SUV in your business before the end of 2009. It sounds crazy but it is true; the government wants to encourage purchases of SUVs (why, I'm not sure), and to help businesses buy these vehicles the IRS will allow you to accelerate the depreciation on the vehicle up to $25,000. under the provisions of Section 179 of the Internal Revenue Code. In other words, you can deduct almost the entire cost of the vehicle in the first year you use it."

#11     Aug 30, 2011
  2. bone

bone

That was an analog program to the "cash for clunkers" which was initiated by the Obama administration to sell the one product American carmakers had plenty of on hand at the onset of the recession: SUV's.

#12     Aug 30, 2011
  3. Lucrum

Lucrum

Obama giving unnecessary "gift" tax breaks. Who would a "thunk" it?

#13     Aug 30, 2011
  4. bone

bone

Notice how it started in 2009, or was that Bush's fault as well ?

[​IMG]

#14     Aug 30, 2011
  5. Ricter

Ricter

Of course, since the US is a "high tax" country, then Obama is doing the right thing. If you're not one getting a tax break, it sucks to be you.
    ; )

#15     Aug 30, 2011
  6. Lucrum

Lucrum

"right thing"? looks to me he was just paying back his political buddy auto unions.

#16     Aug 30, 2011
  7. Ricter

Ricter

Still, they are in effect tax cuts, and those "buddies" will presumably go out and spend more, which is good for the economy. I'm sorry you don't qualify for one.

#17     Aug 30, 2011
  8. Lucrum

Lucrum

It's nice to see you've finally seen the light and are now officially pro tax cuts.
    I'm not dumb or self indulgent enough to buy an SUV just because I get a tax deduction for it.

#18     Aug 30, 2011
  9. Ricter

Ricter

Lol, ok, ok, you win.

#19     Aug 30, 2011
  10. bone

bone

How is it that after 860 days without a budget in the Obama administration, only a Republican - Paul Ryan, can deliver a detailed plan with a multi-year budget ? How is it that the administration spent several trillion dollars ( and with a fillibuster-proof supermajority through an extended period) but never considered a budget ? Sounds like a transparent and responsible administration.

How is it that since the President's inauguration in January of 2009, (again, with a legislative fillibuster-proof supermajority through an extended period) it takes a Republican - Eric Cantor, in August of 2011 and after three plus years of incredibly terrible civilian unemployment metrics, and we still have no jobs program from the President and his administration ?

Know why ? You already saw it. This administration only wants Public sector growth, and the private sector can apparently piss up a rope. Any private sector jobs must be union, or ship those jobs overseas to China (and courtesy of their friends General Electric it would appear).

#20     Aug 30, 2011