Can't Withdraw funds from IB today!

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by P. Niss, Mar 17, 2003.

1. def

def Sponsor

QDZ - read the web site. Not only are the auditors listed but unlike most brokerage firms, the audited brokerage financials are availalbe for all those who are capable of searching a web site. And yes, you have it in for us for enforcing regulations and requiring 2K to trade but somehow you maintain an account. I'll kindly ask again for you to close it as well.

As for the wire instructions. From an internal error report that I am able to view, I see that the problem with the server timeout was resolved at 9:05 AM EDT.

#21     Mar 17, 2003
  2. white17

white17

\

QDZ

3. Drink the Kool-aid

4. Take a hike

#22     Mar 17, 2003
  3. qdz2

qdz2

well, dear readers, you see, how possibly rude they treat their customers. I was asked to leave! Can you imagine it? For what? I did was just kindly pointing out to the community what inappropriate they did and some potential problems. They just exhibit their arrogance once again.

:p

#23     Mar 17, 2003
  4. Kindly?

#24     Mar 17, 2003
  5. The real question is what happened to qdz1.

#25     Mar 17, 2003
  6. qdz2

qdz2

dear friend, there was no qdz1. rather it was qdz. qdz had retired. it had nothing to do with ET. ET please certify this for me. Or please minus the post counter of qdz's by one. Then I will convince my dear friend. Thanks.

#26     Mar 17, 2003
  7. ktm

ktm

The reason I have a problem with these kind of people is that they are counterproductive to IB remaining cheap.

The more $2K "pain in the ass" accounts they have on board, the more tech support has to deal with them. This kind of behavior has quantitive and qualitative costs to IBs services and I for one agree that he should be asked to leave. Don't get me wrong, nothing wrong with a 2K account - but read the website, know the rules and act like you have some sense.

Rules that impose arduous circumstances on the masses are often made because of the abuses of a few. I feel sorry for IB that they have to deal with this guy and those like him. You've seen the abuse posted here...can you imagine the emails and calls to tech support?

If IB gets enough of this, they have a meeting and determine the common thread...."OK, 80% of our chronic problem callers that have no real problem have less than 5K in their accts - so we can save X amount on support while only losing Y amount of dollars in accounts by moving to a 10K minimum"... and it becomes a simple business decision.

By all means, don't mess with the system. As a guy who started trading for $30 a side and got quotes from the next days newspaper back when the internet only existed on a few college campuses, I beg you to take it elsewhere.

#27     Mar 17, 2003
  8. qdz2

qdz2

your delivery is not bad at all. But I found i might have just made you less productive.

#28     Mar 17, 2003
  9. canuck

canuck

qdz2, if the firm is so bad, why are you still there? I was surprised to learn that about you. I can understand some NEW information about IB, but you want to piss on them no matter what happens.

can we end this?? I'm sick of having to flip through these posts to find some relevant information.

#29     Mar 27, 2003
  10. I can't remember the name of the firm that does it, but there is a firm that ranks all brokers based on financial stability. As of last year, IB was ranked #1 in THE WORLD. Its based on reserves to customer funds or somethging like that. It was ranked ahead of ML, Goldy, everyone.

Also, they've been at this 25 years and are not dependent on stock trading volumes like many of the firms that have gone under. I have zero worries about them. BTW, I have lost funds to a company that actually defrauded all its futures clients (FutureWise).

Jay

#30     Mar 28, 2003