Can't Withdraw funds from IB today!

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by P. Niss, Mar 17, 2003.

1. qdz2

qdz2

Well, thanks def for your quick response here at this sensitive time.

But I am not gonna rest to keep alarming on risks. I don't think it's childish. Are you telling me that all companies including IB will be okay ever? By the way, do you imply that a wolf will finally come? Come to me, threatening me ? alright, I shut up.

:p

#11     Mar 17, 2003
  2. def

def Sponsor

P. (got to admit that it is hard to take a post with your acronym seriously)

I just contacted the help desk and the head of the desk is aware of the problem the tech side is working on it. I didn't get specifics on the server time outs but I assume it will be fixed well before the cutoff for outgoiing wires which is 11 AM. If you can't get access after 9 AM NYT, try an online chat with funds and banking. The link is on the web site. they should be able to work with you.

#12     Mar 17, 2003
  3. ktm

ktm

Some of you guys really get into a lather pretty quickly around here. Computers are pretty reliable, but they are gonna have issues. If you are really that serious about brokerages going under, I would suggest two things:

1) Learn to read a balance sheet (then get one from your broker)

2) Buy a good mattress that will hold all of your cash.

#13     Mar 17, 2003
  4. LOL, ktm. Also let me add a 3rd:

3. Keep enough cash locally available so if you have a 1-day delay in withdrawals you won't have to flee the country in fear of your creditors.

Incredible.

#14     Mar 17, 2003
  5. If you are that insecure about your funds what with SIPC and additional ins coverage by the Clearing firms themselves, maybe you shoud'nt be trading electronically where your chances of losing due to system outage is far greater than clearing firm going under. If you do use your mattress, just make sure that Paulie from the Sopranos don't hear about it, he might get it while you are in the bathroom. (for the uninformed, see 2nd to last episode of Sopranos last season)

#15     Mar 17, 2003
  6. or worse yet, Furio and his "you gotta bee onna you a-hat" :D

#16     Mar 17, 2003
  7. And after you've learned to read a balance sheet and get a copy from your broker, don't forget to check out the independent auditor to be sure they're reliable, don't have a conflict of interest, etc.

#17     Mar 17, 2003
  8. qdz2

qdz2

who indepnedently audits IB? thanks.

#18     Mar 17, 2003
  9. qdz/2 is there a particular reason you have it in for IB? You've been pissing and whining about them since your very first post here.

If they're so bad then don't let the door hit you in the ass on your way out of them and see if you get better service somewhere else.

If you've already left then you have no grounds to sit here and spout off about issues that don't even affect you.

Either way this shit has gotten quite old. As soon as any negative IB-related thread appears you're Johnny on the spot to pour gasoline on the fire.

#19     Mar 17, 2003
  10. qdz2

qdz2

Well, I hear you. I do have my reason that I've reiterated many times. You just don't listen.

#20     Mar 17, 2003