Can't understand the trade execution

Discussion in 'Order Execution' started by solotrade, Aug 4, 2010.

1. No. Your orders don't go to "Ninja server" lol You're using Zenfire.

You can't confirm it for yourself?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=ninjatrader+oco+simulated

#11     Aug 5, 2010
  2. I use NinjaTrader version 6.5
    I almost forget ZenFire. LOL

This is how I place a trade:

I do not click OCO Order at the SuperDOM ( use default setting ).
    I enter a trade at market price.
    I have one preset ATM strategy of 4 points each for both Stop-loss and Profit Target, but I quickly ( in seconds ) drag and click each of them to my calculated Stop-loss and Profit Target right on the SuperDOM once the market order is filled.

Am I using a bracket order or OCO order?

I can still see the pending Stop-loss and Profit Target on the SuperDOM when I close the trading platform and turn it on again later, if neither of them is being hit.

Many times I just closed out the platform with active orders, and the trades were completely closed out within the trading day, either my Stop-losses or Profit Targets were hit.

#12     Aug 5, 2010
  3. Surdo

Surdo

Why don't you ask this on the NT forum for a precise answer.
    You should really try your platform out on the SIM mode, ay?

#13     Aug 5, 2010
  4. Although I do not trade so frequently, I trade live for many months but this is the first time I have this issue.

#14     Aug 5, 2010
  5. The active orders you see are regular sell stop orders resting on the exchange's servers. Lower sell stop is for stop loss, higher sell stop for target. They were both entered by Ninja just after you entered the position. When either of them is hit, your Ninja software has to cancel the opposite one which would otherwise sit on the exchange as an active order which will be filled if hit before it's canceled. If the software on your computer is turned off, the resting order will not get canceled, because it's Ninja's job to do that for you in ATM mode, not the exchange's servers. The Globex exchange doesn't recognize true OCO orders anyway.

#16     Aug 5, 2010
  6. You are right.

Actually I have a few bizarre trades that I could not imagine how they were ended without the same problem as in this case. Maybe luck really played a role.

Maybe in future when I got big capital, I will swift to Interactive Brokers and have a safer placement of OCO orders right on the broker's server, instead of on my local PC ( more variables ).

Thanks for input from ET members here.

#17     Aug 10, 2010
  7. Ninja is safe. It just needs to be left on (or at least minimized) during an ATM trade with Zen-fire to work properly.

It's a good idea to at least keep an eye on active orders, regardless if the OCO orders are server based or not.

Take care.

#18     Aug 11, 2010