Cant trade KOSPI options at IB??

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by Nasdaq5048, May 30, 2006.

1. What, no response on why Aussie Bond futures are important to lots of IB customers? :(

#11     May 30, 2006
  2. Circle

Circle

Hi Kiwi_trader,

I thought it was a rhetorical question. :)

Anyway, I'd like to trade liquid non-us based contracts because the US counterparts sets the general market tone and I feel we can trade the excesses- or beta or whatever you want to call it of the non-US.

More importantly (to me), since I live in the bright and sunny california-region, I can wake up relaxed and trade the aussie bonds at 2 pm PST after much of the random shocks have been digested by the US folks (generally between 4am-8am).

#12     May 30, 2006
  3. def

def Sponsor

FYI, Korea is closed today for a holiday (election day).

Aussie bonds: the variable tick size requires some programming. I can't say when we'll offer them.

NZ: no plans right now.

#13     May 30, 2006
  4. I just opened the account with IB and I am from HK, i just found out i couldnt trade forex on IDEALPRO. So i guess my pain is pretty much as big as you guys. I am missing the biggest market in the world (currencies).

#14     May 30, 2006
  5. def

def Sponsor

HK is one of the only regimes where FX is regulated. We're in the process of applying for a license. You're not missing the biggest market in the world though. The CME offers FX futures which many consider a better deal.

#15     May 30, 2006