Cant trade KOSPI options at IB??

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by Nasdaq5048, May 30, 2006.

1. I try to trade KOSPI options from Korea on my paper account. The order cannot be submitted. I thought i didnt check the korea options on my trading permission page. Then i go to the page and cannot find options for korea. So does that mean i cannot trade KOSPI options? or am i missing something. Thank you

2. vedanta

vedanta

I think the papertrading account is still for US products

3. ids

ids

You can trade KOSPI on a real account if you are not US resident.

4. I am non-US resident. KOSPI futures looks fine. Do you mean on real account i can trade KOSPI options as well? Because on the IB website, it only shows the commision for KOSPI futures. I dont really know whether options is available and how much will it cost since the options mulitiplier is only 1/5 of the futures. Can you please clearify on that?

5. ids

ids

6. Circle

Circle

Ids,

When will IB let US residents trade KOSPI. It's been over a year that you were "planning" on adding this.
    May I add, IB does not allow trading of Australian bond futures (symbol XT). Apparently it has variable ticks or some such lame excuse..

7. ids

ids

Trading KOSPI for US residents is a matter of regulations, not IB. We never promised access to Australian bonds. Variable ticks require quite expensive development and rewards are not clear at all.

8. Darn,

I can't keep up (skill wise) with all the things I can trade.

Please IB, feel free to NOT add the NZ stock market. Work on something more important. :)

Why would you want to trade Aussie Bond Futures? I can understand being keen to see the Aussie Stocks added to the mix but would really appreciate an understanding of the advantages of the bond futures over us, european or asian bond futures currently available.

9. Circle

Circle

Ids,

if you don't allow for trading the aussie bond futures, why have it on your website and advertise them as though they were available to all of us. At least have the honesty to take it out of your website, and not promote them..

On the contrary to the other post, I'm actually interested that IB add the New Zealand stock index futures, and the NZD-USD and NZD-AUS currency pair as well.

Thanks.

#10     May 30, 2006