Can't show real money equity curve true or false

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by Lucias, Aug 4, 2011.

1. bone

bone

If you are indeed what you continually claim to be " one of the best in the world" (your words), and as you claim you are a C2 top performer, and you asking $99 per month on a subscription basis, and C2 claims to have north of 50K subscribers, you should be backstroking in cash.

The fact of the matter is that you are marketing a system on C2 that returned less than 5 % for 2010. You are asking people to pay you a fee for market calls for a system you developed primarily for futures on simulated data when in fact you are not a futures trader and have never traded a futures contract.

#11     Aug 5, 2011
  2. jem

jem

A decade ago co owner of my trading llc once started marketing his 300 to 400% returns all over tradingmarkets and at trading conventions.

A guy from the nasdaq came by audited our records, interviewed our traders, and after 2 days shook our hands and left.

In my opinion, if you are telling the truth and not screwing people, the authorities are not going to get in the way of showing truthful trading records which are provided in the proper context.

I think in the end they realize not allowing you to tell the truth would not stand up in court in most circumstances.

#12     Aug 5, 2011
  3. bone

bone

Any vendor that makes market calls - either through a subscription service, or as part of an educational service, should show a track record and not make shitty excuses for crappy years.

Any experienced trader skilled in the actual art with live money at risk knows that it is next to impossible for consistent replication to be achieved using human operators - never underestimate the ability for a newbie to be able to butcher the most elementary of mechanical trading systems.

I do not take on newbies or the naive as clients. I take experienced traders and show them an industry recognized specialty. My clients do not want me to sell them fish every month on a subscription basis. My clients hire me to show them how to catch fish for themselves. I have had clients call and speak to every one of my professional references. I have had clients speak with several of my clients on an independent basis and query them about what they have learned and if indeed it met their expectations. It is so much more practical for a potential client to relate the prospect of his outcome to the performance of the clients and not the vendor himself. Are the clients making money ? They better be, because you a client.

#13     Aug 5, 2011
  4. Well it seems my two cents wasn't needed. It doesn't matter to me if it can be audited, third party simulations, or a real audit.

Today I went to try and scalp points on NQ, and I'm not sure if you could have actually gotten those fills but I watched the bid and ask prices and each time they hit I think it can be safely assumed that they would have filled in real life.

You can't claim that they would have, certain or otherwise.

Lucias, up 60% this year depends heavily on how many different markets you trade in. If it's only one contract, that's not going to really attract anybody.

#14     Aug 5, 2011