Can't short to save my life

Discussion in 'Order Execution' started by trefoil, Mar 13, 2007.

1. At the broker I'm with now, I have been repeatedly rebuffed on attempts to short NYX and FXI. Anyone else have trouble shorting? Any recommendations as to where to trade with where this won't be a problem, or will be minimal at least?

2. you cant shrt to save you ass? ?? its ok , i cant buy to save my ass ieither and lost a shitload in the process

3. NYX is very hard to borrow, it has a high short interest. Assent charges $.10/share to short it.

4. add futures to your account for days like today.

5. It's all about the puts dawg.

6. No kidding, but I still dont understand how to place these. Anyone have a quick tutorial on puts?

7. Here I sit, broken hearted...tried to Short but only started...

yada yada yada

8. Odgnut

Odgnut

You just need a different broker. Cybertrader has tons of FXI to short. NYX is also available most of the time. Cybertrader is owned by Charles Schwab. I think the bigger brokers usually have more stocks available to borrow.

9. Thanks for the tip. I was looking at IB, but CyberTrader looks like it might be a good one too.
    One question: IB answered my question to them with a list of shortable stocks they had available, amongst which was FXI, but not NYX. Is there a place on CyberTrader for getting a complete list of shortables?

#10     Mar 16, 2007