Cant Remove Flat Tire on Alloy Wheel

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by estrader, Dec 10, 2005.

1. Whimsy

Whimsy Guest

Then again, you might get ElectricSavant to hit it with his head, blockhead comes to mind.

#11     Dec 10, 2005
  2. That IS the challenge ...

:)

#12     Dec 10, 2005
  3. I have a 1990 Plymouth Voyager with simulated wood grain siding.

#13     Dec 10, 2005
  4. the tolerances between the hub and the wheel are very close on some cars. like the other poster said kick or somehow pry the wheel from the hub. just make sure you put something under the car so it doesnt fall on you.

#14     Dec 10, 2005
  5. It's corrosion! Screw 2 of the studs back in a few turns. Take a sledge and beat the tire wall a couple of times from the front and the back. It will come off. Be careful not to hit the rim they are not real happy about being beat on with a sledge.

The idea to spray some WD40 on the wheel where the rim contacts the hub often helps as well. Let it sit for a few minutes and then whack it with the sledge.

Amateur Tip !!! don't be afraid to hit the thing! But be careful, sledge hammers have a nasty little way of hitting back sometimes when they contact rubber. And for god's sake, make sure you screw a couple of the studs or lug nuts back on a couple of turns!

Good luck!

#15     Dec 10, 2005
  6. Can I put Alloy wheels on my 1900...ply..sim woo..Will it help my trading?

#16     Dec 10, 2005
  7. Thanks for helpful advice everyone.

#17     Dec 10, 2005
  8. Anytime es...:)

#18     Dec 10, 2005
  9. This is the funniest I saw you did wifey drop something in the homemade applesauce.

#19     Dec 10, 2005
  10. eggnog

#20     Dec 10, 2005