Can't Paper Trade

Discussion in 'Trading' started by WDGann, Sep 1, 2003.

1. It's been a while since I've started trading... 8 years or so...

Anyways, looking through ET, I just noticed I can't* paper trade.

Funny...

*This "can't" tends to become a linguistic issue. It's sorta between WILL NOT and CANNOT.

2. MrX

MrX

I'm not sure if I understand your post but I found that paper trading for me at least is a total waste of time. I think it depends on the individual and how they handle losses, or rather being in a losing trade. I found I react totally different if I have a paper trade or real money on the line.

Trading small size has always been much more beneficial.

Just my 2c...

3. Pabst

Pabst

Gann,

Just trade your smallest unit. LOL. Come to think of it, maybe that's how we're supposed to trade!

4. Same here, switching between simulator and real $$$...

But I found that to be very useful information: what was different. In my case, I had no problem shutting down bad trades on the sim but took longer in "real life".

5. Sometimes you just can't take it seriously enough. I have had the same problem...

6. I tried papertrading and made ALOT of money at it, but I wrote a check to buy a 1969 Shelby GT500 after I transferred my profits into my checking account and somehow it never got to my bank and the check bounced. I still can't figure it out. I'm going through a lawsuit to get my papertrading broker (simulator) to release my profits. Damn them! I would never recommend Shill Securities to anyone....BEWARE!