Can't open trading account for single member LLC (foreign)

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by otctrade, Oct 5, 2019.

1. otctrade

otctrade

I did specify the american address for the entity (That is actually where their mailed reply went to) but each member also has to specify their own address.

#31     Oct 6, 2019
  2. gkishot

gkishot

Try to apply as individual. See if it makes a difference:

https://start.tdameritrade.com/open

What you need:
    • Social Security Number or ITIN
    • Foreign tax ID, passport, or visa number (if you're not a U.S. citizen or permanent resident)
    • Your employer's name, address, and phone number

#32     Oct 6, 2019
    Maverick2608 likes this.
  3. otctrade

otctrade

That didn't work that's why I formed the LLC. I might try again once I get an ITIN but i gotta run it by an accountant first. I don't want to be liable for US taxes on trading (my country has lower tax rates)

#33     Oct 6, 2019
  4. otctrade

otctrade

I just tried again with a sample ITIN # and this is what it comes up with:

Could be EU related. I've seen posts on other forums where Swiss residents have an account.

#34     Oct 6, 2019
  5. Fonz

Fonz

In the US, all financial institutions have to ask for the real beneficiaries of the company, for money laundering purpose. If you live in a non banned country (Iran, Iraq, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, etc.) that should be OK if they accept non US beneficiaries.
    Hope this helps.

#35     Oct 6, 2019
  6. otctrade

otctrade

i think a C-corp is the only way to go?
    Anyone has experience with it?

#36     Nov 28, 2019
  7. Sig

Sig

Listen, this simply isn't going to work. While the brokers and lawmakers might not always seem like the brightest folks, they're not so idiotic that they would write laws and build compliance procedures that any jackass could circumvent with a $100 Delaware LLC or C Corp. I'm sure you think yourself immensely clever....you're not. Any strategies that depends on you being significantly smarter than hundreds of market professionals...and the attempts you're making implicitly make that assumption...are simply not viable.
    On a more concrete level, no broker is going to accept a non-person entity for an account without a guarantee from an actual person. If they didn't insist on that they'd have thousands of accounts open to make YOLO trades until they make millions or cost the broker millions that they'll never recover because the entity can simply declare bankruptcy, as one example of the many things that could go wrong with that approach. No matter if that's your intention or not, there's no free lunch by creating a corporate entity which is really just you, with the idea that you're so clever no one will question it and you'll get around all the restrictions that prevent you from opening and account. Just give it up already, and count yourself lucky because the hubris you're displaying here doesn't translate well to trading successfully.
    And yes, I have a C Corp with a brokerage account (that I use to do actual foreign exchange transactions between my US corp and a foreign subsidiary). Even though it's a well established corporation with significant sales and profits I still had to provide all the information on major shareholders so show I was a US citizen and additionally had to show my books to avoid providing a personal guarantee. So I've "tried this" to the extent I know WTF I'm talking about with respect to opening a brokerage account for a corporation.

#37     Nov 30, 2019
    gkishot likes this.
  8. otctrade

otctrade

If you can't contribute anything then get the fuck lost

#38     Nov 30, 2019
  9. Sig

Sig

Providing the correct answer to your question, coming from someone who's actually done what you're asking about, would seem to be a pretty damn significant contribution to any reasonable person. It's amazing how you not only rejected the correct answer simply because you don't like it, but did so quite violently. Again, not a characteristic that leads to successful trading, or any success at all in life for that matter!

#39     Nov 30, 2019
  10. otctrade

otctrade

Your only suggestion was that I'm trying to rip off a Us broker because I can't make money trading. I'm losing a ton of money can you please send me some?

#40     Nov 30, 2019
    gkishot likes this.