Can't login to TWS, happy new years too...

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by maxpi, Jan 4, 2010.

1. maxpi

maxpi

I can login to the demo acct but not the real acct.. it doesn't tell me it's retrying the login, it just sits there staring back at me..

2. No problem here. Do you have a 2nd PC to try logging on?

3. maybe you blew up last year and your account has been closed, but you're still in denial...

4. maxpi

maxpi

Denial is a powerful thing indeed, I would check the account but I can't login... again thank you trading community for all the support and help, better this year than last even!

5. you should contact IB and have them ensure your account is in good standing and confirm whether you should be able to login.

also they can reset your password probably too, that would be the other explanation for this.

6. maxpi

maxpi

got on the phone, got dropped out of the queue once, finally I'm talking to some guy, he mumbles something about "address verification"... I wouldn't know what he's talking about if I wasn't doing the application for OEC.. he gives me the temporary decoder ring numbers so I can get into account management and once again request they send me the physical login device... which they won't send because my new address doesn't show up on public records yet, I GUESS... the stupid TWS doesn't tell me my decoder card is out of date, it just sits there endlessly doing nothing...

7. are they using securIDs?

securIDs ususually have a expiration date stamped on the back of the token.

glad you figured it out.