can't login IB TWS

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by 0008, Apr 27, 2007.

1. I reviewed the pros/cons of about 6 dual wan routers. For me, I thought the Peplink was the most feature rich, has regular driver updates, local US distribution/support and responsive tech support via email. So far I have been very pleased.

#31     May 6, 2007
  2. Thank you, TL Trader.

We have two different ISPs, in two different parts of the U.S., yet we had the same problem with TWS at the same time earlier today. I think this is strong evidence against blaming the ISPs. My pings and tracerts to my IB server were normal at the same time I couldn't login, so I think this is further proof that this was an IB problem and not an ISP problem.

Thanks also to dhpar, oldtrader, and sunvalley.

The suggestion to downgrade my TWS version won't work. I am having these problems with TWS connections with both the latest version and the previous version.

The suggestion that I should not try to find logic in a statement by mde2004 was helpful.

#32     May 6, 2007
  3. sunvalley,

can you be specific about exactly what things were similar in the frustrations you encountered. I think specifics will help demonstrate the need for IB to investigate TWS login failures, even when they do not produce thousands of simultaneous complaints.

#33     May 6, 2007
  4. There were frequent IB disconnects and downtime over an extended period of time.

Granted some of those were attributed to my ISP but there were issues with IB ... you and others are seeing this with your experiences as well.

In the end i decided to add a backup ISP and broker. These were the actions that I could take to improve my overall system reliability and give me alternatives. It has reduced my level of stress and got me back to focus on my trading and not system or broker issues.

This is probably not the information that you are asking for but maybe it has you thinking about other solutions. I gave up on trying to get IB to solve the problem.

#34     May 6, 2007
  5. Can you give some specifics as to how why you believe that some of your disconnects and down time were IB's fault instead of your ISP's fault? Can you give some specifics as to what you meant when you said that there were "issues with IB"?

#35     May 6, 2007
  6. Tums

Tums

if the disconnect were originated at the IB server, you will NOT be the only one feeling the pain. Every one of those thousands of clients will be disconnected.

#36     May 6, 2007
  7. Geez...How about IB is down and EVERYTHING else that I have is up and running with a solid connection to the internet.

eSignal / Neoticker data feed, email, internet browser, etc.

#37     May 6, 2007
  8. Yeah pal. You are right. IB only has 1 server that serves everyone.

I'm done with this thread!

#38     May 6, 2007
  9. Adrian12

Adrian12

TWS opened late for me. Before market open though. Thank GOD. Not like 2 months ago when they got it fixed about 8:30 EST

#39     May 6, 2007
  10. Please explain why you believe this? How can you just make an assumption like that, with no apparent evidence to support it?

I think that a server bug can cause customers to be disconnected one at a time, instead of all at the same time. Why do you disagree?

Isn't it also possible for an IB TWS bug, in the IB software on the customer's machine, to disconnect only one customer at a time, instead of all at the same time?

I found, on May 2, that using the ctrl-alt-R feature immediately caused my TWS to disconnect, and then it was not able to re-connect. This happened twice in a row. Doesn't this prove that an IB bug can cause only one customer at a time to get disconnected, instead of thousands at the same time?

#40     May 6, 2007