can't login IB TWS

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by 0008, Apr 27, 2007.

1. mde2004

mde2004

This reads like an isolated problem that you should take up with your isp and not ib. No problems here and if you are unhappy with no minimums on commissions then the door is not hard to find.

Respectfully,
    IB Loyal Customer.

#21     May 6, 2007
  2. Your logic escapes me.

#22     May 6, 2007
  3. dhpar

dhpar

search the forum. if I remember well there are people having similar problems for the past few weeks. It even said in some thread that IB is already working on resolving the issue which - again if I remember well - was pertinent only to the newest version of TWS (which was not properly tested before release...).
    So maybe start with downgrading...:)

p.s. and do not waste time with trying to find a logic in mde2004 statement...

#23     May 6, 2007
  4. I have Verizon DSL in New Jersey.

Everybody in this thread, who couldn't log in, should post where they were located and who their ISP is. If more than one ISP is involved, then this would suggest the problem is an IB problem, not an ISP problem.

Update:

I was finally able to logon at about 4:05 pm est.

#24     May 6, 2007
  5. I have experienced similar frustrations and did a couple of things that you should consider.

To eliminate the "its your isp and not us", I added another isp. I have 2 broadband connections (Cox & Sprint) and a dual wan router from Peplink. The cost was trivial compared to lost opportunities due to down time. With its health check feature I have logs of my WAN/ISP failures.
    http://www.peplink.com/products/balance-30/

I also opened an account with another broker so that I have 2 choices during the day for my trading.

#25     May 6, 2007
  6. rayl

rayl

I must say, I like the Peplink device! Redundancy w/o needing a router/BGP4 set up. Thanks for the pointer.

#26     May 6, 2007
  7. Lucrum

Lucrum

I could not log on earlier but can now.
    In Atlanta, using Comcast cable.

#27     May 6, 2007
  8. ta1

ta1

IB Paper Trader starts you off with over 1 million in "paper trading money". Since you only have 500K left I think that after you find out how to log in you should then logout and stay out and go back to Burger King. LMFAO!!!

#28     May 6, 2007
  9. I notice that the dual wan router from Peplink is $495. I'm wondering why you chose that particular router inasmuch as there are other dual wan routers out there for around $200. Hotbrick for instance. http://www.hotbrick.com/

Thanks for any info.

OldTrader

#29     May 6, 2007
  10. Friday morning I was focused on trading various futures...no problems there at all. I trade using buttontrader, so I'm not watching an open TWS page.

I do have a quote page open with various stock symbols in my charting software. But as I said, I was focusing on futures.

I became aware that there didn't appear to be any changes in the stock prices. So I brought up the TWS page....there were no quotes at all for any stocks. So my situation was receiving all futures contracts with no difficulty. I was getting no stock, no bid ask, nothing.

Since this appeared to have been going on for a while...I signed on to ET, figuring someone would have mentioned it. Not a single thread or comment.

I closed TWS out. Then reopened. All the stocks then began to work correctly...and did so for the rest of the day. I noticed no comment at all on ET.

Obviously my internet connection was working since I received futures quotes, and was actively trading Friday AM. But I was not receiving any non-futures related quote at all.

By the way, I'm using Build 871.3. Time Warner and ATT High Speed internet.

OldTrader

#30     May 6, 2007