can't login IB TWS

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by 0008, Apr 27, 2007.

1. the motion is carried! - rofl

#11     May 6, 2007
  2. ER9

ER9

i cant log in either this afternoon. i usually can by now.

cancel that.....just got in....little late though but everything seems to be working ok.

#12     May 6, 2007
  3. oso

oso

Just tried to login---failed. Maybe they should use some of that IPO money they raised to improve system.

#13     May 6, 2007
  4. CEO_STI

CEO_STI

I also can't log in right now.

9:46pm: problem solved.

#14     May 6, 2007
  5. Bob111

Bob111

i have it running right now since my first post. able to login from first time, around 1-2pm EST. running old standalone 864.7 on 1.6 java.
    try to change server.
    regarding their status page-usually, during trading day they report issues on that page way faster, than in TWS bulletin.

#15     May 6, 2007
  6. 2006

Back online for me.

#16     May 6, 2007
  7. dhpar

dhpar

at least mde2004 corrected his post and made it less offensive AFTER we abused him - what a jerk.

IB finally works fine for both US and EU servers.

#17     May 6, 2007
  8. mde2004

mde2004

Working great for me. 500k account is showing up well on the tws screen as we speak. Screw you all for questioning me.

#18     May 6, 2007
  9. 2006

500K not bad for a IB Paper Trader account.

Now how about you go back to playing with your GI JOE and let the real men trade.

Run along now you little shit.

#19     May 6, 2007
  10. I too am unable to login to TWS as of 3:29 pm est on Sunday, May 6, 2007.

The IB webpage states that TWS is supposed to become available at noon EST, so it would appear that this is a real problem, not a figment of the imagination of newbie customers. My ping times to my IB server are presently about 40 ms, and neither they nor my traceroutes show any problems, so that this problem cannot easily be blamed on my ISP or the internet.

It would be very helpful to me to know whether this is a problem affecting everybody, or most customers, or just a small minority. The reason is that I am, this past week, experiencing serious problems with TWS disconnections, followed by inability to re-establish TWS connection. This problem is so severe that I have stopped trading. I believe I can prove that these problems are not caused by the internet or by my ISP, but an IB CS rep insists that my ISP is at fault. The IB CS rep took the position that if IB were at fault for my connectivity problems, IB would be experiencing thousands of simultaneous complaints from other customers. Thousands of complaints did not happen, for example, at 2:30 pm est on May 2, so that the CS rep insists that my disconnection at that time could not have been IB's fault. The CS rep therefore refused to do anything to address the problems I am having. I have had these problems while running both IB's latest standalone TWS version, 871.3, as well as the previous version still available on its website, 870 (I think it was 870.2).

I am eager to gather examples of small numbers of people having their TWS disconnected where IB is at fault, at times when large numbers of similar complaints are not coming in to IB. I need to show this in order to persuade IB that it needs to be concerned about the connectivity problems of isolated individual customers, even when thousands of customers are not simultaneously complaining en masse.

So, if you are able to connect, please say so, and if you are not able to connect, please say so. Please give the results of pings and traceroutes to your IB servers. This information might help me to convince IB that the CS rep was wrong, wrong, wrong, and that he should be overruled, and that the problem deserves some attention.

I would like to convince IB that it is possible for a disconnection of a particular customer to be IB's fault, even though no other customers, or very few others, are complaining about the same problem at the same time.

#20     May 6, 2007