Can't log in to IB account management or TWS

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by Humble Investor, Dec 31, 2018.

1. Does anybody else have the same problem? Just called IB and the rep said the issue is known and will be resolved shortly.

2. The issue is fixed.

3. Bob111

Bob111

Wtf is wrong with IB people? Haven't login into my regular account via browser for a while.login today,on the middle of the day,immediately lost data,charts etc on my paper account and whatever I was running via api on it.wtf was that? Can you give us at leat a warning or something, when you change your stuff that affect your customer? For all those years-same shit every fucking time. Tried to ask a simple question via chat or ticket-fucked all my apps with a single attempt to login into account management. Fucktastick! At least I wasn't holding couple ES contracts at the time.

tommcginnis likes this.
  4. Overnight

Overnight

Have you considered changing brokers after all these years?

5. sprstpd

sprstpd

Sorry about your problems, but at least your posts are always fun to read.

tommcginnis likes this.
  6. Bob111

Bob111

Yeah.I'm lewis black of elitrader. on serious note-anyone else? Customer login thru browser into account management (not into a client portal) and all the data (streaming into api applications,charts,data lines in paper account tws) is gone. and the only way to resolve this (after customer logout from account management) is to restart everything. Anyone else? Thanks.

tommcginnis likes this.
  7. sprstpd

sprstpd

I don't have this problem when I login to account management. My TWS session is unaffected. Is there an option when you login to your account via browser to *not* have trading access? Just guessing here but maybe when you login via browser you are in trading mode somehow which interferes with TWS. Or maybe this is a rollout by IB that was not well thought out - has happened before.

Bob111 likes this.