Can't Get Back On The Horse

Discussion in 'Options' started by Arnie Guitar, Dec 14, 2010.

1. If Spin don't make at least $8,000,000 in a year, he piles the money up and burns it. Just not worth the trouble to put in the bank... :D

#31     Jan 21, 2011
  2. spindr0

spindr0

My mention of arrogance, etc. was a generic comment about some of the traits you experience on ET and other BB's. I had no problem with the original post since I'm not much older, retired and paying the bills from my trading and investments. I think that trading doubt and reassessment is a normal, essential and healthy trait if one is in retired and must avoid major loss.

My objective is to pay the bills and be worth one dollar more today than I was a year ago. It may not sound like much but when the primary income is gone along with the grief involved earning it :), it's nice not to have to tap into the nest egg. And while it's not nice to be older, it's a lot more reassuring every 5 years to have a larger nest egg, reducing the odds that anything short of catastrophic events will not lead to eating Alpo.

A modest year is achieving the $1 more thing as compared to 2008 and 2009 when a midget monkey could through darts at the financial page and make big bucks. All the monkey had to be was short :)

I primarily trade stocks now (options are more the gravy than the main course).The holding period is more likely to be very short if news oriented, longer if reversion oriented.

#32     Jan 21, 2011
  3. spindr0

spindr0

I'm trading Iraqi stocks based in dinars so that if it isn't that much, they're cheap enough to burn

:) :D :p

#33     Jan 21, 2011