Can't Get Back On The Horse

Discussion in 'Options' started by Arnie Guitar, Dec 14, 2010.

1. plenty of Ferrari's out there worth a whole lot more that that old tin can.

Thats not the point :D

#21     Jan 19, 2011
  2. I used to enjoy answering questions here because for the most part the board itself did a good job of keeping the egos of people in check. After a decade it got a bit stale and also having left the options business after 20 years I don’t care as much. There are some very bright people here and most of the regulars I came to know over the years are genuinely good people who love the derivatives markets the way I do and are happy to share their knowledge honestly.

I always got and I guess still do get a kick out of those who need to announce they are retired and then let it slide they are no where near what’s considered retirement age. What bearing could that information possibly have on any question they are posting or answering? If you want to discuss options this is a great board, in fact I would say it’s the best free board on the net for this topic. Trying to add in stuff about money, wealth, retirement or material goods none of which can be proved in this sort o setting just makes people look pathetic IMO.

#22     Jan 19, 2011
  3. One last comment... if you want to impress us tell us you own one of the last few airworthy one of these....and have the balls to fly it

#23     Jan 19, 2011
  4. Hey fella easy on the personal attacks.... I guess I touched a nerve with you but you're way out of line for this board. Go take that kind of stuff to the yahoo boards

#24     Jan 19, 2011
  5. You initiated the negative tone.

I offered my age and employment status as a possible reason for my reluctance to enter a position. You interpreted it to be bragging and belittled me.

Which makes you the asshole.

Tell me, do you tire of asking people if they want to try one of your value meals?

#25     Jan 20, 2011
  6. spindr0

spindr0

Xflat, you post once in 5 months and this is your return to ET contibution? What's with the chip on your shoulder?

Of all the people here, no one retired at a very young age? No one here beats the markets? No one here pays the bills from trading? To loosely quote what you've written many times, how do you know what I or anyone else has, hasn't, does, or doesn't do?

Since I mentioned the speed thing, I assume you were referring to me. I'm not trying to beat the MM's. I'm trying to nab price when it approaches a threshold and becomes acceptable to me. When something hits my price range, it takes time to discern if it is enough. Before I used platform linked Excel and hotkeys, etc., by the time I knew the amount was sufficient, reversals often occurred and the opportunity was gone. Price can be fleeting.

And FWIW, the last time a Ferrari was mentioned on this board was quite a while back (do a search). So, how are your Porsches that you have mentioned here?

#26     Jan 20, 2011
  7. spindr0

spindr0

Deciding what content is acceptable and what isn't on a public bb is kinda pathetic too.

You can do better than this... or at least you have in the past.

#27     Jan 20, 2011
  8. Spin, my apologies to you personally. Having known you for a long time via this board and others, I respect your knowledge and surely your dedication to sharing that with the others here. I also did not mean to imply that you were the type of trader who expected to beat the “system” and not the market based on speed of order flow. I hope all has been well with you, and again my apologies to you personally.

I was not the one who brought up a Ferrari first. As you know I have always found the empty claims of braggarts on these boards humorous and when you give those sorts of posters just a bit of rope they go off the deep end and lash out which ends up revealing their true colors.

As far as the cars go don’t forget to include that both of my vintage cars are worth far far less then the time and money I have into them and restoring and racing vintage cars has been my hobby for decades. My pristine 87 targa which took me three years to do a complete nut and bolt restoration is worth less far far less than a brend new Honda Accord, so its hardly something to brag about. If I live to the age of 90 perhaps it will be worth the value of a new 2011 Honda.

The point was age and socioeconomic state have nothing to do with the questions and answers yet some people feel the need to state them in a world where they have no value and can not be proved.

Arnie, I was making general comments, just because you felt the guilt does not mean you need to act like a child and start in with direct personal attacks including foul language. Grow up fella.

As Spin commented… you have no idea what I did or do for a living or anyone else for that matter or what anyone’s net liq is. Implying otherwise just makes you look sillier and sillier and more like the type of poster who fits the exact scenario I described in my first post on this thread.

#28     Jan 20, 2011
  9. spindr0

spindr0

Xflat aka Xflat,

Thanks for the kind words but the personal apology wasn't necessary since I didn't take a fence. It just seemed like you were having a really bad hare day (the rabbit died) and were projecting, very unlike you.

Like all trading BB's, ET is contains rudeness, ignorance, misconceptions, arrogance, acne faced spammers from mommy's basement... as well as option savants and pros who really know their stuff and share it - some of which are arrogant too :). When it works well, it's a thing of beauty as info and knowledge flows down to those seeking it, much of which I've been the recipient of. At other times, it's full of MONKEY business and is all entertainment.

I really don't see what the objection is to benign content such as age and socioeconomic state, etc. It's just filler that is irelevant whether it's true or not. But hey, a lotta people like my ex so what do I know ???? :confused: :confused: :confused:

#29     Jan 20, 2011
  10. For what it's worth, I thought the original post was about self trading doubt and reassessment. I didn't really see anything arrogant about it. I also read the Ferrari in the context of fantasizing. I think in this business, we all fantasize about potential wealth. It's just matter of keeping it in check.

What would you consider modest? :) Are you day trading stocks or options?

#30     Jan 21, 2011