Can't eat gold.

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by John_Doe, May 21, 2011.

1. John_Doe

John_Doe

Another argument against gold is that you can't eat it which is true but you don't have to eat it to benefit from it because like all investments timing is key. So the timing when gold will have the most value is the window of time after food stamps run out and the revolution ***** shape. Whether it be Ron Paul being elected as president and people detox from cheap credit or exercising the second amendment as food wouldn't be the only thing gold can buy then.

EDIT: don't know why the word got censored, maybe it's taboo to say getting without giving back here ;-)

2. this will work if farmers except payment in gold instead of dollars.

3. rew

rew

Whenever somebody says that you can't eat gold I want to stuff his mouth with Federal Reserve Notes.

4. If thats our future path, Ron Paul will confiscate your gold long before we get to the food stamp stage.

5. The problem is if the "stuff" really does hit the fan, no one is going to want gold either.

In a post apocalyptic world three groups of people meet. The first group has a lot of gold and silver but nothing else. The second group has a lot of food and water but nothing else. The third group has lots of guns and ammo but nothing else. Which group do you want to be in?

6. BigSalad

BigSalad

You can't eat rocks either, but for some reason rocks are not considered a valuable commodity that can be exchanged for goods and services.

7. The group that figures out it needs all three to survive.

8. rew

rew

Needless to say, Ron Paul is the one politician I can trust to <i>never</i> confiscate our gold.

9. Spot on, in a "shit hit the fan" scenario. My brother in law has been stockpiling ammo for 3 years now. I think it's a little crazy..... but I know where I'm going if shit hits the fan!

#10     May 22, 2011