Can't connect to TRADESTATION's Trading Servers

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by trader587, Apr 24, 2009.

1. Free you in what way? OEC has their own platform as well but you can't write strategies, just trade manually. Although they do also have an API.

#21     May 3, 2009
  2. geoMEAN

geoMEAN

I'm completely automated/mechanical trader so I need a platform where I can code my strategies other than Tradestation, so free me in that way.

#22     May 3, 2009
  3. Aha. Yeah that's still a problem. Wealthlab was going that way then Fidelity bought them and you have to trade with Fidelity (and no futures at Fidelity). Ninjatrader is supposed to have it all but I found it a pain in the @ss to use, although I will freely admit I didn't try too hard (I didn't think I should have to).

#23     May 3, 2009
  4. geoMEAN

geoMEAN

If I was just going to trade manually I would use Ninjatrader by itself with zenfire live feed with Mirus in a heartbeat.

#24     May 3, 2009
  5. NinjaTrader_Ray

NinjaTrader_Ray ET Sponsor

Will be support in our next major release, NT7.

#25     May 4, 2009
  6. geoMEAN

geoMEAN

Ray,

Thanks for replying. This is very good news for some of us locked into using Tradestation + Ninjatrader combination.

I will go hunt around on the Ninja support forums for more info on this, but I would hope that the workspace functionality would have this main feature:

!!!!!
    *****Be able to apply a strategy to a chart and have that strategy assigned a particular account, and have all these settings (strategy and account and parameters etc.) STICK / SAVED across sessions. *****
    !!!!!

I could leave Tradestation forever if this was implemented well! Exciting news, even if I do have to wait a few months for NT7.

I already own NT outright, so it's good news that I won't have to go learn another product/platform, and instead I can focus my efforts on writing in C# and working in NT.

#26     May 4, 2009
  7. Maybe I'm mistaken (which very well may be the case) but can't you write strategies in OEC (in C# or upload/convert Easy Language) and auto trade them from right within OEC? I thought they had a plugin which let you do this?

Maybe brownsfan can help me out...

#27     May 4, 2009
  8. geoMEAN

geoMEAN

From what I HEARD (no first hand experience), with OEC is basically like a Ninjatrader in that you can receive SMTP (email) signals from Tradestation and execute them via OEC's "AutoX" module.

I could be wrong but from what I've heard from two different traders who use it is that you can't write native strategies in OEC.

#28     May 4, 2009
  9. My understanding is that OEC has a module which will pull signals out of TS for execution, they also allow users to upload Easy language or code in Easy Language/C# and run that inside the Charts in “Auto Trade Mode” through the custom indicators.

For more information, I would contact OEC directly as I am learning this kind of stuff as well.

#29     May 5, 2009
  10. geoMEAN

geoMEAN

Actually not so sure about not being able to write strategies in OEC. Go investigate for yourself.

#30     May 5, 2009