Can't afford CFC to fail

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by codedeep007, Aug 20, 2007.

1. S2007S

S2007S

closed around 26.25 yesterday

now trading at 24.

:p :p :p

#31     Aug 23, 2007
  2. S2007S

S2007S

#32     Aug 23, 2007
  3. Manni

Manni

who cares about CFC - i cant afford KFC to fail.

finger lickin good.

#33     Aug 23, 2007
  4. S2007S

S2007S

new intraday lows.

hmmm, :p :p :p

11am tune into cnbc for that great interview.......

#34     Aug 23, 2007
  5. If you miss the CFC rally, short LEH sept 45 puts. IV=75

LEH gave up on its subprime unit only takes on 25M charge.

#35     Aug 23, 2007
  6. thought he was fairly negative myself - "definitely heading to recession based on huge foreclosure rate.........."

#36     Aug 23, 2007
  7. #37     Aug 23, 2007
  8. Gross: Bush needs to rescue homeowners

#38     Aug 23, 2007
  9. kwtrade

kwtrade

Even if the fed adjusts rates leading to lower mortgage rates, I don't think will help the subprime homeowners who maxed out their mortgages and can't manage it now and also can't get a bank to consider lending to them at a workable rate at a loan-to-value ration that covers the payoff of the old mortgage, since housing values have dropped and their credit is not so good. I just think plenty of folks too too big of a risk on their house -- buying to much in some cases, buying at all in other cases. I'm not sure these folks should be bailed out. Not that I don't feel bad about the situation, but really, investing in something (including your primary house) involves risk management and accountability. Rising rates and lower values were always realistic possibilities, and if the worst case scenario was too bad, the alternative was to buy a cheaper house or wait to buy until one fixed up ones credentials and could get a better rate. Sounds cold, but like I said, I do feel bad, especially when children are involved, but I guess I also feel like we all must not just grab for what we want without looking at the consequences.

Bailing out CFC will not help these folks.

Kris

#39     Aug 23, 2007
  10. It was caused by policy mistake, then government need to carry on responsibilities. It's very easy to fix

1) Do not make same new mistake: CFC need to stop making sub-prime loans.

2) When adjustable rate got reset, provide special below market rate for existing home owner, of cause that means money which government can provide.

BTW here is article Gross to Bush:

http://biz.yahoo.com/cnnm/070823/082307_gross_homeowners.html?.v=2

#40     Aug 23, 2007