Can't access IB anyone else having probs?

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by empee, Oct 31, 2007.

1. empee:

You're proving to be as big a dumbass now was you were back then. LOL. After some searching, I found the thread in question back in April of 2005. You have misrepresented my posts back then. In fact, recently you claimed I told you to go "fuck yourself" in that thread. Nope, not true...in fact, in re-reading the thread YOU said it. LOL. The only comment I made about commissions empee was in a post to Pabst in that thread. And your memory seems missed many of the central issues, amongst which was your attempting to avoid your own responsibility of your actions.

Anway, for those interested in reading the thread in it's entirety, here's the link:

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=47981&highlight=Empee+OldTrader

OldTrader

#31     Nov 1, 2007
  2. Gango4 ... what version of TWS were/are you using?

I'm on 878.5 and it was good despite my losing the pc at one stage today.

Also curious about the $3m ... is that actually commissions or is that just turnover?

#32     Nov 1, 2007
  3. Funny how some guys can't get their facts straight. I generally comment about the IB problems that have nothing or little to do with IB. Like for instance guys who's stops don't trigger because they don't check the box allowing triggering outside of regular hours, and who then come on ET accusing IB of theft, fraud, etc etc.

Now if you see some similarity between this and my post, please let me know.

OldTrader

#33     Nov 1, 2007
  4. I also used to like 872.6 before IB made us upgrade. I think that
    is why I upgraded...

BTW... I'm using 875.3 with java 1.6.0_3

Am I using a dinosaur TWS or what?... All you guys are up to 877, 878, 879...:confused:

#34     Nov 1, 2007
  5. Just wondering what you big shots would do if IB closed itself to retail.

I know of no other broker that offers anything like the IB range of services.

Keep talking lawsuits and you might just get your butt whooped.

#35     Nov 1, 2007
  6. sure I have the problem too

I am using 877

#36     Nov 1, 2007
  7. Xenia

Xenia

TWS with CH_Server runs fine but no way to get logged into US_Server (with account #2).

#37     Nov 1, 2007
  8. Yes.

Time for you to upgrade.

You can still use 872.6 and everything up till 876 had minor issues (that were major for me). 876 had an issue for Hoi so they did some quick fixes on 877 to get it up to scratch ... but 878.5 is better (current best :))

To the last poster, Xenia, (who can get europe but not us) ... are you using 878.5 or still on an older TWS build.

(ps api 9.3 beta (for months now) and java 1.6_03 :D )

#38     Nov 1, 2007
  9. Interesting.

I just tried 872.6 to log into Hong Kong. And I got the ???? version of a welcome screen

So I went back to 878.5 ... and it was Ok.

Back to 872.6 and lots of ????s

Tried the web beta 879.0c and all was OK.

So, if you're having a problem make sure you run the latest TWS - 878.5 or later.

#39     Nov 1, 2007
  10. Xenia

Xenia

Need to use buggy version 878.5?

#40     Nov 1, 2007